Author Topic: Queries after delivery of new hybrid  (Read 7913 times)

Thingy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
Re: Queries after delivery of new hybrid
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2022, 11:35:51 AM »
Don't you need a local Internet connection to download it in the first place though ?

I'm sure mine was unavailable until I connected the car to my router, but I could be wrong, I've been to sleep since then  :)
The manual was available in my car when I bought it, but I had to go to All Apps and select it to show.

Country Cousin

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 4 X
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2022, 12:22:55 PM »
Thank you all for the comments.

I have spoken again with the salesman who tells me it is now Honda policy NOT to provide service books or issue key number tags as all records are now kept online so presumably all dealers should have access to the relevant records. By implication this means Jazz owners from now on will have no key or service record other than the invoices and receipts issued to them.

I will be interested to see if copy documents are still issued to those on a service contract who do not pay for maintenance services (like us). If not these owners will have no records at all (other than through the dealers).

Regarding the x-star radio upgrade, what I really wanted was not the whole package with bass speaker taking up space in the boot (wholly unnecessary in my view) but the dash central speaker and door tweeters to augment higher frequencies and improve audio speech clarity.  Given that many buyers are older and have age related high frequency hearing loss I think Honda are missing an opportunity here.

Thingy

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2022, 01:26:34 PM »

I will be interested to see if copy documents are still issued to those on a service contract who do not pay for maintenance services (like us). If not these owners will have no records at all (other than through the dealers).

I have the 5 years free servicing. When my car was serviced on Tuesday I was given the same invoice and report as if I was paying.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2022, 01:45:08 PM »

I have spoken again with the salesman who tells me it is now Honda policy NOT to provide service books or issue key number tags as all records are now kept online so presumably all dealers should have access to the relevant records. By implication this means Jazz owners from now on will have no key or service record other than the invoices and receipts issued to them.

Regarding the x-star radio upgrade, what I really wanted was not the whole package with bass speaker taking up space in the boot (wholly unnecessary in my view) but the dash central speaker and door tweeters to augment higher frequencies and improve audio speech clarity.  Given that many buyers are older and have age related high frequency hearing loss I think Honda are missing an opportunity here.

The excellent speech clarity in the Crosstar audio is what appeals to me, it really is exceptional. Agree with you about the sub woofer in the boot, but some people really want the extra bass. I found out whilst playing with the audio settings that you can independently adjust the sub woofer volume.
I recently saw a YouTube review of the Crosstar where the (young) reviewer plugged in some MP4 tracks on a USB stick and merrily blasted out some music at high volume with plenty of bass! Each to their own.

Oh, and before anyone comments I am aware that upgraded audio is not a Jazz option.

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Re: Queries after delivery of new hybrid - Service Record Book
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2022, 02:19:09 PM »
Honda cutting corners again, a written service record is essential when reselling your car, although I expect the service reports may be sufficient, I would still want a stamp in a service book after each service and I expect buyers of 2nd hand cars would be expecting a stamped service book to proove the car had been regularly serviced

When part exchanging a Honda for another make of vehicle then I am sure the dealer would expect a copy of the service record but would not have access to the Honda on line system.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2022, 02:38:33 PM »
I've always negotiated a period of free servicing with my 3 Civics and in all cases, across 3 dealers, because it's not being paid my me, they stamp the book and give me the keys.

No paperwork at all.

No problem as I have the stamped book, but with neither !

Can you request a printed service statement from a Honda dealer if you sell elsewhere ?
Let's be careful out there !

Thingy

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2022, 02:45:14 PM »
When I traded in my 2015 Skoda Fabia I handed the Honda dealer my pile of service receipts. The Fabia had a service book but it only details the service schedule, there was nowhere to stamp each service.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2022, 02:48:23 PM »
I have my first Jazz service in a few weeks.

I've got a free 5 year service deal so I'll see if any paperwork is included.

I do have a service book though.
Let's be careful out there !

Saycol

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2022, 03:48:55 PM »
When I had my first service in June under the 5 year servicing plan, the book was stamped and I was given paperwork detailing the work that was undertaken.

Back in 2014 I bought a brand new Land Rover. No service book, everything online, got a receipt at each service and kept them up until 5 years old when I sold it. It was also possible to access the online service history. Presumably accessing online history is not possible with Honda.

PaulC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2022, 09:52:19 PM »
Here in New Zealand the car came with a printed handbook/car manual but there is no online manual available from the dealer and no manual loaded into the Infotainment system for display on the screen.
I have downloaded the UK Jazz hybrid manual but it does have a number of differences to my printed manual.
A service book was not supplied but I did get a key identification tag.

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2022, 07:46:39 AM »
My last Volkswagen about 3 years ago had no service book, the records were kept online.

I asked for a printed copy of the service record.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 07:49:19 AM by Derkie54 »
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
Re: Queries after delivery of new hybrid - Service Record Book
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2022, 05:40:40 PM »
Honda cutting corners again, a written service record is essential when reselling your car, although I expect the service reports may be sufficient, I would still want a stamp in a service book after each service and I expect buyers of 2nd hand cars would be expecting a stamped service book to proove the car had been regularly serviced

When part exchanging a Honda for another make of vehicle then I am sure the dealer would expect a copy of the service record but would not have access to the Honda on line system.
[/quote
When you have your Honda serviced you should be given a detailed invoice of what they have done. You are within  your rights to demand such.
Simply save all the invoices ::) simple and much better than a stamped service book as it will give full details of what work was carried out. A far more comprehensive service history.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2022, 09:47:54 AM »
Information about Digital Service Record:

https://www.honda.co.uk/content/dam/local/uk/cars/owners/Car%20Owners/HUK%20CARS%20DSR%20Customer%20guide%20v1.pdf

Search your VIN here:
https://www.honda.co.uk/account/services/dsr/vin-search

Log-in to your Honda account (My Honda+) or create account to be able to view more details and print check sheets/service history.

https://www.honda.co.uk/account/authentication/login

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2022, 11:12:35 AM »
Hello,
I connected to the Honda website to see the digital maintenance log, but I did not find much information,
indicates the data of the car the color the number of doors the type of fuel (P I don't know what it means) transmission (A I imagine it will be automatic) ratios (6 I don't understand why this data is automatic) the weight of the car.
It indicates the mileage at which the service was done but does not specifically say what was done and even by whom the maintenance was performed.
It is true that I have everything in paper form (payment invoice with a list of things done to the car).
What do you find written in your digital maintenance register?
P.S
My car is from 2020 and has all the paper booklets (navigator warranty maintenance etc. etc.)

(Sorry for the mistakes I used Google Translate)

Saycol

• Approved Member
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2022, 04:41:20 PM »
Hello,
I connected to the Honda website to see the digital maintenance log, but I did not find much information,
indicates the data of the car the color the number of doors the type of fuel (P I don't know what it means) transmission (A I imagine it will be automatic) ratios (6 I don't understand why this data is automatic) the weight of the car.
It indicates the mileage at which the service was done but does not specifically say what was done and even by whom the maintenance was performed.
It is true that I have everything in paper form (payment invoice with a list of things done to the car).
What do you find written in your digital maintenance register?
P.S
My car is from 2020 and has all the paper booklets (navigator warranty maintenance etc. etc.)

(Sorry for the mistakes I used Google Translate)

I have checked my digital service record and it is exactly the same as yours. No information on what was carried out at the June service. I too have paper record and stamped service book.

Honda doesn’t exactly excel at software, does it?

Tags:

anything