Author Topic: Queries after delivery of new hybrid  (Read 7773 times)

Country Cousin

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 4 X
Queries after delivery of new hybrid
« on: August 05, 2022, 11:23:16 AM »
Our new Jazz hybrid has arrived replacing a Mk III EX CVT. So far we are very pleased with it enjoying the generally improved performance, ride (despite 16” wheels) and quietness.

A minor drawback is that we find the boot is noticeably shallower in use and sometimes need to fold the rear seat down when previously we wouldn't have. And of course there is no room for a spare.

I am sorry Honda have deleted the passenger seat height adjustment. I would also have liked to have had the option of the x-star radio upgrade.

But overall when I have dicovered out how to adjust the intermittent steering ‘help’ I expect to be well pleased.

Some outstanding queries for comments please:
1. There is no service book or handbook wallet! The salesman said a service book would be issued at the first service but if so why not issue it at delivery?
2. Our last car came with a ‘key number tag’ attached to one of the keys to order a replacement if needed. This time we were not given one despite it being referred to on page 168 of the handbook. Have others received one or is this also something that has been dispensed with?
3. For low mileage drivers who now drive < 8k/annum, is it considered better to opt for servicing by date or to use the built in automatic service reminder (assuming it is activated)? Presumably if this works as advertised it should anyway flag up the need for a service and oil change at no greater than 1 year, possibly more frequently given the number of short 3-5 miles journeys we take (I hasten to add less than 3 miles we usually cycle!)

Many thanks in advance for any guidance.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Queries after delivery of new hybrid
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 11:34:10 AM »
Just on the service book issue, my Mk4 had a service book on delivery. It also had a handbook which is not as comprehensive as the manual which is available on line.

I took delivery in October last year - maybe things have changed?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 11:53:32 AM »
I've just checked my spare key and I have a key tag with number and barcode.

I also have the manuals and service book, in the lower glovebox on collection.

With regard to servicing, some posts here do indicate that it can flag up premature services, sometimes only weeks apart. When mine goes in in a few weeks I'm going to ask them to turn off variable servicing as I'm also low mileage.
Let's be careful out there !

Thingy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 02:15:43 PM »
My car is on variable service. Bought Aug 26 last year and done just under 3200 miles. About 3 weeks ago it warned of service due soon., had it serviced on Tuesday.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 05:23:10 PM »
My Crosstar is just over 1 year old. It came with handbook and service book. The car is set to fixed servicing, the service warning light came on about four weeks before the 12 months was up. The service book was stamped after it was serviced though everything is also online so a stamped service book history is not as important as it used to be.

In your post you mentioned an interest in the upgraded sound system in the Crosstar. It wasn’t a feature I was particularly looking for and not an influencer on final choice, but I am delighted with it. Very clear sound and far better than my previous two cars (Golf and Land Rover).

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 05:42:50 PM »
Just on the service book issue, my Mk4 had a service book on delivery. It also had a handbook which is not as comprehensive as the manual which is available on line.

I took delivery in October last year - maybe things have changed?

Same here
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 10:44:53 PM »
My Crosstar is just over 1 year old. It came with handbook and service book. The car is set to fixed servicing, the service warning light came on about four weeks before the 12 months was up. The service book was stamped after it was serviced though everything is also online so a stamped service book history is not as important as it used to be.

In your post you mentioned an interest in the upgraded sound system in the Crosstar. It wasn’t a feature I was particularly looking for and not an influencer on final choice, but I am delighted with it. Very clear sound and far better than my previous two cars (Golf and Land Rover).
But the upgraded Crosstar sound system is not available in the Jazz even as an option.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2022, 06:08:11 AM »
Not everyone has Internet access so the missing manual is surely a dealer issue ?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2022, 07:03:08 AM »
I got a service book and handbook in October 2021  ,but read on earlier threads on here that they are no longer issued.I didnt realise this also includes the handbook.    To be fair the handbook is bulky,and inconvenient to keep in the car.   The online version is better, and more comprehensive.   It can be udated, and doesnt involve chopping down trees.   And you can download it to your phone  so you dont need mobile data. (I even have one from a previous  car downloaded as a pdf onto  my kindle!.)

All those reading this have access to the internet.  A few ,mostly older, people may still be totally  avoiding anything to do with the internet, smartphones etc.      To those I say   :P    -ha ha you cant hear me  :P      They will probably really struggle trying to work the cars touch screens, computer technology etc anyway   (and not just them  ;) )   

I think the handbook has a part number, so the dealer may be able to provide one if absolutely  necessary, although it may be chargeable and quite expensive. For those without a smartphone it might be cheaper to buy  a cheap one  and if necessary download the manual using free wifi.  And add it to your learning curve. ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 07:10:52 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2022, 07:28:31 AM »
I never use my phone for any small text, a lot of it not compatible with old eyes, even with reading glasses. Just too fiddly.

I primarily use my 10" tablet indoors that I find perfectly OK, but a phone screen browser is just too small.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2022, 09:31:23 AM »
I never use my phone for any small text, a lot of it not compatible with old eyes, even with reading glasses. Just too fiddly.

I primarily use my 10" tablet indoors that I find perfectly OK, but a phone screen browser is just too small.
Fair enough. But I cant say I have ever needed to use the paper  handbook (or the phone version) while out and about. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2022, 09:47:05 AM »
Isn't the handbook also built into the car's infotainment system? That would be fine for quick reference although not a convenient solution for browsing all the vehicle's features and functions.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2022, 09:58:45 AM »
Isn't the handbook also built into the car's infotainment system?

It is... never even tried to open it. Always here when needed.
If nothing goes right, go left!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2022, 10:31:07 AM »
Don't you need a local Internet connection to download it in the first place though ?

I'm sure mine was unavailable until I connected the car to my router, but I could be wrong, I've been to sleep since then  :)

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2022, 11:03:18 AM »
My HR-V e:HEV (delivered 15/1/22) came with bulky handbook, key tag and no service book. It is also in the cars infotainment system.
No manufacturer's supply service books anymore as far as I am aware. It is all kept on the manufacturer's computer. Keep your invoices to prove the service history.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Tags: