Author Topic: Battery Cradle Replacement  (Read 1030 times)

guest9822

Battery Cradle Replacement
« on: July 25, 2022, 12:48:45 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have a 2009 Honda Jazz EX i-SHIFT. It recently passed its MOT but with an advisory for the battery being loose (but not excessively).

The battery cradle looks in bad shape. There's been a "fix" of some metal wire twisted at the front which looks to replace the long screw at the front. I have a video of the range of motion (https://imgur.com/a/I0klyjx) as well as a still (attached to this post).

I'm looking to just get this replaced and happy to have a go myself. Looks like I need something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203158052110?hash=item2f4d29dd0e%3Ag%3A5-gAAOSwwX9fDJMX but not sure if that's all. I'm curious if anyone else has had to replace the battery cradle and can share some advice?

Thanks,
Gordon

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: Battery Cradle Replacement
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 04:37:24 PM »

guest9822

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 06:35:38 PM »
Yeah that looks right. Thanks for for the exact part numbers!

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 08:26:01 AM »
Why not pop along to your local vehicle breakers yard to find similar year Jazz with correct fittings?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 07:07:53 AM »
Why not pop along to your local vehicle breakers yard to find similar year Jazz with correct fittings?

Doesnt need to be a Jazz.  210mm long  J bolts are used to secure batteries on lots of cars.   Whether the yard will sell them cheaply ,or ask something near the cost of new ones  is a matter of luck. May not be worth the hassle

Or you could pop into a DIY store and buy 500 mm of m6 threaded rod  and make your own.(£1.82 in Wickes)    If the rod is maleable enough to be bent into a hook that great.  If not you may be able to sort something with nuts.   
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

guest9822

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 01:40:02 PM »
Thanks all.

Got it sorted today. Got two pairs of replacement J-bolt and nut and replaced both (the one existing pair had seized together and it was going to be easier and cheaper just getting two pairs). Battery cradle is now properly secured!

Tags:

anything