Author Topic: Aircon fault  (Read 1166 times)

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
Aircon fault
« on: July 19, 2022, 02:24:48 PM »
After leaving my car parked up for 10days while on holiday I have come back to find out that its not working.
I had it in for a regas today but they say the pressure is fine etc.

Where do I start to check components.?
Thr fan is coming on when the button is pressed but I can't hear the clutch or compressor kick in.

SuperCNJ

• Approved Member
Re: Aircon fault
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 11:10:16 AM »
Take a look under the bonnet to see if the clutch on the air con compressor is turning when you have the AC on. It should only turn when you have AC on, and stop turning when you switch the AC off. Also, with the engine off and cold, you should be able to turn the clutch with your hand.

degzi

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 07:15:22 PM »
Well I found out the garage had took all the gas back out. I found a different garage who will supply and fit a new compressor and clutch, regas etc for £300.

I didn't fancy having to take front bumper off and all that messing about tbh.

Having a look about recon units are about £180 on ebay so all in all not too bad a price tbh.

Lewo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2022, 10:21:16 AM »
On ours, a/c wasn't getting cold as per usual.
Took it to a local 'national' garage for a refill deal. Lasted around a week or so if that, so they didn't do a test before and wanted their money, targets etc I guess....
Took it to a local garage as the compressor wasn't kicking in.
They did a leak or pressure test, can't remember which and the condenser was leaking.
They wanted a lot to fit a pattern condenser and regas but were happy for me to fit it and take it back to regas. I did the condenser mesh protector while the bumper was off for piece of mind in the future.
All good now.
Would be good to hear the update with yours OP.

degzi

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 05:56:17 PM »
The garage where I took it ended up putting one on from a local scrapyard anyway as one they had delivered was wrong type. Ended up being £190 all in.

That's with scrappy part, regas, new belt and labour.
Which wasn't too bad I suppose, and it saved me scrambling about at the side of the road.

Also said he would give me 3 month warranty, and if anything went wrong after that he would sort something.

It sounds much better than it did before, clutch used to bang as it engaged so should have guessed it was on the way out.

mj1sjc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 01:29:21 PM »
Ive sold my Jazz recently and bought a Toyota Verso-S 1.3l engine. Also a CVT engine.
It was giving me troubles with the Aircon so took it to ATS euromastwr for a Groupon top up gas deal for a £30 or so. It was super cold as soon as the job done. Didn't use the aircon for 2.5 weeks afterwards and when tried later it was blowing warm air. Took car back to ATS and they said the radiator is leaking. I then found this company who sells condensers with 2yrs Warranty ( picture attached) and ordered it and got my Honda garage mechanic friend to install it for me. It works find for the last two weeks ( fingers crossed). That condenser was £90 so it took me £220 altogether with mates rates including the regas.
Honda Jazz condenser is £71 on that site. Its called autoairconparts.co.uk. Their sister company does mobile fittings and repairs too but way too expensive.

Lewo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 01:11:08 AM »
Yes ATS, that's who I went to for the regas, lesson learned, never again.

Tags:

anything