Author Topic: 5 year service plan  (Read 5569 times)

corbett

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz hybrid
5 year service plan
« on: November 01, 2021, 04:12:12 PM »
Hi

Ordered a new Jazz ex a few weeks ago, told delivery was mid Dec but now put back to mid Jan.
I signed up for the 5 year service plan, hopefully I will save money on this plan.
Cannot see the prices of the services, anyone know what the saving is over the 5 years,

Thanks

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: 5 year service plan
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 04:42:38 PM »
Quite a bit but depends what you paid.
Let's be careful out there !

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 05:08:51 PM »
Honda charge £699 for the 5 year plan or it is “free” if you use their finance. They advertise that you get 5 separate services for this plan. I would estimate a minor service is at least £150 and a major £250, so 3 minor and 2 major would equate to £950. Add in inflation and you are over a thousand quid so seems a no brainer to go for it.
Maybe there are forum members who have actually paid for a first service who can refine my figures.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 05:18:51 PM »
This honda dealer in scotland does fixed price servicing . First £235   second £320 , third £300     4 years and older £195.
https://www.easternwestern.co.uk/honda/servicing/3+servicing.php

I think the 5 year service plan is  £699   ( if you have to pay for it.  )  so in theory a good saving.  A bit more than 2 services , less than 3.    Most benefit if you keep the car 5 years.   If you sell sooner the remainder is transferrable to the new owner, but you may not benefit from that.

In the past when I expected to trade in the car at 3 years I bought a cheaper 2  year service plan, not 3 year.  Why pay extra to have the car serviced just as you sell it.   (Thats with another make that offered 2 and 3 year plans)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 05:29:19 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 07:06:26 PM »
I think the 5 year service plan is  £699   ( if you have to pay for it.  )  so in theory a good saving.  A bit more than 2 services , less than 3.    Most benefit if you keep the car 5 years.   If you sell sooner the remainder is transferrable to the new owner, but you may not benefit from that.
I would expect the number of free services remaining to be reflected in the resale value but that may depend on whether it's a trade-in with a Honda dealer or selling to someone else for whom free services by a Honda dealer might be of limited interest because, for example, the nearest dealer is far away.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

corbett

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz hybrid
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 07:49:30 PM »
Thanks for the replies
I paid £699 for the 5 year plan, as i did not take out the finance.
Seem to have saved some, and plan to keep car at least 5 years, so happy with that

Mark Dirac

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 4 2021
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2022, 02:06:17 PM »
Quite a bit but depends what you paid.
I'm about to buy a service plan from my local dealer (for my used Jazz). But, like most things in the economy, I would have expected that there would be some retailer somewhere in the country (UK) who offers a discount on the list price.

Has anyone discovered a dealer offering service plan discounts (or not)?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 02:27:37 PM by Mark Dirac »

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2022, 02:32:41 PM »
I don’t have 5 year service plan as paid the extra £875 cash to get new Jazz last September and I unexpectedly got the Premium Pack free by dealer worth £700. Got refund on wheel and tyre insurance on old car so never cost me overall to change. When I enquired recently about Honda service plan for approaching first year service they offered years 2 and 3 for £660 which I declined. I paid £275 for first service last week.

Mark Dirac

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2022, 05:04:17 PM »
Thanks JJ. Not what I was expecting to hear - that folks are being offered a premium rather than a discount. I was offered £395 for two years.

Mark Dirac

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2023, 09:33:42 AM »
I never came across any discounts for the Honda service plan, but BMW for one do offer discounts. My mate bought a BMW X3 and was offered an expensive service plan which he declined. About 6 months later they mailed him an offer at 50% discount, which was very good vfm and he took their arm off.

Jeff15

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Very good
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz EX Midnight Blue
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2023, 12:30:39 PM »
I got the 5 year service plan as part of my deal... 8)

SebastianTR

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 4.0L/100km
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2023, 01:11:21 PM »
I don't know what is going on in UK but if I speak about Turkey services are biggest scam.
Honda 5 years or 150k km (which came first) Toyata 5 to 10 years (depends on car) or 100k to 200k (which came first).
It's looks great guarantee for a brand new car but just on a paper. You have go to official service to change your oil and filters. If you didn't go to services the guarantee deal is off.
If your car keys have low battery they don't give a s*hit about. it's empty you wanna change it? it's will be extra...
It's just a battery I already pay 4-5k Turkish lira for just changing filters and that battery is just a 10lira... I mean what you can lose???
I never been in a Honda services before but I'm speaking general.

3-4 month ago I went to Seat services for my seat arone first year services. (car was 10k km)
I paid 4500Turkish liras. Just changed filter & oil ohhh I remember they didn't event change air filter. Because they don't change it first year anymore.
Almost 1-2 month later my firend go to VW services for his VW Tiguan which is car almost 5 years old and over 220k km  it's cost just 3000Turkish liras.

Mine was more expensive because I have to go offical services but he didn't. His guarantee ended 2-3 years ago that's why he get extra discount.

If you have a electric or hybrid car long guarantee is good but if you have a normal gasoline/petrol/CNG/disel car it's just a scam that you have to go there every year and gave a lot of money.
Cheers!

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 04:38:00 PM »
I opted for the 5 year plan as it was a considerable saving on individual services. This is my first Jazz, having only ever had Renaults previously, all of which I traded in after approx 3 years. The Jazz I intend to keep for at least the 5 years though, and one of the reasons I opted for the Jazz over another Renault was all the positive long term reviews around Honda reliability.

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2023, 07:59:15 PM »
Hello,
certainly the difference in the guarantee depends on the country in which it is stipulated,
here in Italy (and in the European Community) the mandatory warranty by law is 2 years, and the owner of the car can have any mechanic do the maintenance, even if not authorized, as long as he guarantees to work according to the specifications of the parent company.
Any longer guarantees, for example 6 years or 8 years, are always to be understood as 2 years of legal guarantee + 4 or 6 years of private guarantee.
So for the private guarantee (in this case made by Honda) it is a contract between private individuals and therefore you are forced to go to the authorized workshops under penalty of forfeiture of the guarantee (all car manufacturers do this), while for the 2-year guarantee provided by law you can go wherever you want to do maintenance.
I imagine that in other countries outside the European Community there are different laws.

(Sorry for the mistakes I used Google Translate)

chicksee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2023, 10:36:17 PM »
I got the 5 year service plan as part of my deal... 8)
Me too

Tags:

anything