Author Topic: 2021 Jazz Hybrid EX Red,ordered. Due 1st week March 2021.  (Read 1693 times)

foxleys

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybid EX 2021
2021 Jazz Hybrid EX Red,ordered. Due 1st week March 2021.
« on: February 20, 2021, 09:38:31 AM »
Hi

I’ve just ordered above, hope I’ve ordered the right car! Gulp!!

We live in Jersey with a speed limit of 40mph, hope to take it to mainland UK and France when things improve.

I looked at the Kia Niro hybid, but chose the Jazz as the Niro is quite a bit wider for Jersey roads this matters.

How is the Satnav updated, is this by the dealer or can it be done over WiFi or usb memory? Is it free?

Thanks

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: 2021 Jazz Hybrid EX Red,ordered. Due 1st week March 2021.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 11:41:35 AM »
At the moment, having looked more closely after a showroom visit and the options, a red EX is top of my list.

I would have liked the dark grey but a beige interior maybe a dirt magnet and I don't want white so to get a black interior it's red.

I was considering a Crossstar but the features and options are less.

Taking everything into consideration I'm now looking at a Sep reg.

Jazz Mk4 EX
Red
Elegance floor mats
Mudflaps
Boot tray without dividers
Locking wheel nuts
Touchup kit
Honda 3 or 5 year service pack, whichever is current

My current Civic is a March 1st registration and having to have it serviced and MOT in Feb wasn't my best decision.

Let's be careful out there !

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 04:07:37 PM »
How is the Satnav updated, is this by the dealer or can it be done over WiFi or usb memory? Is it free?
The satnav updating process is explained here https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=8vzoH5r1tRANWNbfmAyxvA although I haven't tried using it. Note that the Garmin updates are only released annually and tend to be a year out of date by the time they are released.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 04:43:55 PM »
Garmin maps are rubbish anyway. They do not recognise mini-roundabouts as roundabouts!

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 04:51:41 PM »
Garmin maps are rubbish anyway. They do not recognise mini-roundabouts as roundabouts!
I had an uncle with the same problem and he got upset if I refused to be driven by him!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 05:18:01 PM »
I'm quite happy with Garmin maps (from Here, their mapping company).

Better than nothing and it saves faffing about with a removable device.

Updating the maps is easy once you've done it once. If the latest unit is the same as the latest Civic Android unit then it will accept the PocketGPSWorld speed cameras and give advance warnings. However and a big however is that every time you update the cameras you have to perform a full map upgrade.

You must first plug the USB stick into the car and then 'update' the map. That initial process (which takes a few seconds) will then make the stick look like a Garmin device on which you can update the maps with Garmin Express.
Once done, put the stick in the car and update the maps (circa 20 mins).

... and if I remember correctly the Garmin POILoader created .GPI file goes into the Garmin/POI folder on the memory stick before updating the car.

Or you could just use SpeedTrap Alert from your phone via BT.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 05:25:06 PM by Kremmen »
Let's be careful out there !

foxleys

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybid EX 2021
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2021, 06:49:58 PM »
The satnav updating process is explained here https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=8vzoH5r1tRANWNbfmAyxvA although I haven't tried using it. Note that the Garmin updates are only released annually and tend to be a year out of date by the time they are released.

Hi, thanks for the link, but I think this relates to USA models. Correct me if I’ve misunderstood!

I’m in the island of Jersey, not part of the UK, but for mapping can be considered part of the UK!
Thanks

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2021, 08:23:57 PM »
Hi, thanks for the link, but I think this relates to USA models. Correct me if I’ve misunderstood!

I’m in the island of Jersey, not part of the UK, but for mapping can be considered part of the UK!
Thanks
That's the same site as mentioned here https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=11539.0 which suggests that all the maps are held on the same server.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: