Author Topic: Coolant Level in Mk4 Jazz  (Read 147 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Coolant Level in Mk4 Jazz
« on: August 19, 2022, 12:33:20 PM »
In the Mk4 Jazz there would appear to be 3 ways to check the coolant level. The radiator cap, another clear bottle to the right of the radiator and another bottle just behind the screen wash bottle.

It is the bottle behind the screenwash bottle that is causing me angst. It shows the level to be right on the minimum when the engine is cold. I hate anything being at or near minimum - fuel, oil and now this.

So my question to people with more mechanical knowledge than myself is this:

Should this level be at minimum? I can't see any leaks. Should I top it up with fresh coolant to the max? If so would any coolant do? I've seen premixed coolant in Sainsburys for 8-50 a bottle.

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
Re: Coolant Level in Mk4 Jazz
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 09:12:55 PM »
Hello, I state that I have not read the jazz use and maintenance booklet, but generally the liquid level must be between the max and the minimum.
Never exceed the max level because when the coolant heats up it must find space in the tank to expand otherwise you risk breaking the tank (cap pipes etc.)
Obviously not below the minimum because then you could be scarce with the coolant.
The checks are always carried out with the car stationary on a level surface and with the engine off and cold

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Re: Coolant Level in Mk4 Jazz
« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:15:53 AM »
In the Mk4 Jazz there would appear to be 3 ways to check the coolant level. The radiator cap, another clear bottle to the right of the radiator and another bottle just behind the screen wash bottle.

It is the bottle behind the screenwash bottle that is causing me angst. It shows the level to be right on the minimum when the engine is cold. I hate anything being at or near minimum - fuel, oil and now this.

So my question to people with more mechanical knowledge than myself is this:

Should this level be at minimum? I can't see any leaks. Should I top it up with fresh coolant to the max? If so would any coolant do? I've seen premixed coolant in Sainsburys for 8-50 a bottle.

Yes it should. Mine was at this level upon delivery, And, at first service, my local Honda garage confirmed it should sit at this level - just above minimum (no top up needed).
« Last Edit: Today at 06:17:30 AM by Jayt43 »

Tags:

anything