Author Topic: Hybrid 2011 Import  (Read 4558 times)

Donna9809

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Fit 2011 Hybrid
Hybrid 2011 Import
« on: July 11, 2019, 08:32:52 PM »
Hi all,

New here just collected my Honda Fit 2011 and love it already.

Couple questions, it’s an import so the radio/screen are all in what appears to be Japanese - is there a way to get this to change to English at all?

Also there are buttons on the steering wheel for phone but can’t get it to connect to my iPhone at all, when I try I hear a voice say something in Japanese too.

Would really appreciate any help or advice.

Donna

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Hybrid 2011 Import
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 04:37:03 PM »

Donna9809

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Fit 2011 Hybrid
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 11:05:26 AM »
Thank you so much that did help. I also found videos on YouTube apparently the language can’t be changed fully but I managed to change the clock time and to connect my phone so I’m happy.

Loving the car so much.

The Japanese lady voice keeps saying something every now and then but no idea why. She tells me off if I change the radio channel while driving and also randomly at other times. I figure if there was an issue it would show on the dash 🤷‍♀️

Ciaran84

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 06:57:15 PM »
Thank you so much that did help. I also found videos on YouTube apparently the language can’t be changed fully but I managed to change the clock time and to connect my phone so I’m happy.

Loving the car so much.

The Japanese lady voice keeps saying something every now and then but no idea why. She tells me off if I change the radio channel while driving and also randomly at other times. I figure if there was an issue it would show on the dash 🤷‍♀️

Could you link the videos please? I've just bought one myself. The dealer replaced the head unit but didn't do anything with the dash.

How are you finding the car in general? I previously had a 2005 petrol version, the engine finally clapped out at 350,000 kms.

tugsfit

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2011 Honda Fit Hybrid Jap Import
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 01:05:11 PM »
Hello all.

I would like to revitalise this conversation as I see I may have found other imported Fit owner, with similar thoughts as me on the head unit and Japanese lovely-lady.

I recently bought my 2011 Honda Fit, import, knowing full well that it might have limitations in terms of language. I like the car, a LOT, but I would be more in love with it if I could have the head unit changed to a Western one. Does anyone know of an outfit in the UK that does these transformations at all? Many thanks in advance.

Oh, and a side-question. Does anyone know how to turn on and off the auto stop-start? I thought it was the ECO button down by your right knee, but that doesn't seem to turn it off.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 02:34:14 PM »
Oh, and a side-question. Does anyone know how to turn on and off the auto stop-start? I thought it was the ECO button down by your right knee, but that doesn't seem to turn it off.
I don't recall having that option on the Mk 2 hybrid and it would remove one of the fuel economy benefits of the hybrid system. While the starter motor is used for the first start in a journey, thereafter it should be that the motor-generator does any restarting. In fact, the motor-generator gets the vehicle moving and fuel is then added to provide more power. There's instant response unlike with a stopped engine on a non-hybrid vehicle where the engine has to wake up before the vehicle can move.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: