Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Who should be the next British Prime Minister?
« Last post by embee on August 17, 2022, 04:50:06 PM »
....What do they have planned for after the recess?

https://www.bestforbritain.org/new_government_same_old_tricks?utm_campaign=220817_bill_blog_reminder&utm_medium=email&utm_source=b4b

That sums up the whole drift of this progressively further right Government.

Essentially this is what fascist dictatorships have done in the past. I'm not being paranoid nor alarmist, it's what they do, and it's happening right here and right now.

What have the fascist dictatorships done in the past? Look at 20th century Europe.

A fringe right wing extremist group act illegally and unreasonably, targetting minority groups and stirring up public hatred (Italy's Black Shirts, Germany's Brown Shirts, UK's BNP, National Front etc)

A legitimate right wing political party is set up to overtly vilify the extremists but ride on the back of the sentiment stirred up by them, pandering to the same populist nationalistic dogma

Get representatives elected on the basis of nationalistic populist propaganda

Mainstream right party gets worried and adopts some of the same politics to pander to their electorate

Get voted into power with a big majority and act with an isolationist superiority complex

Elect a leader who acts such as the rules and regs do not apply to them, they are above the law apparently

Take powers to control the state media (BBC Governor General anyone? Wikipedia entry - "In August 2020 Tim Davie announced his intention for the BBC to "find a better balance of satirical targets rather than constantly aiming jokes at the Tories.")

Take powers to reduce the rights and freedoms of the individual (Protests etc, Bill of Rights etc)

Take powers to emasculate the Courts and give the ultimate decisive power to the Government

Take powers to enable the Government to unilaterally introduce or change legislation

Thin end of the wedge folks, this stuff doesn't usually end very well.

In Car Entertainment / Re: How to update your inbuilt Garmin Sat Nav.
« Last post by Toptek on August 17, 2022, 04:41:25 PM »
Just realized... I already had a USB stick in the armrest with music on it which I took out this morning and suspect that the navigation system may have been sending it the data rather than the one near the lighter.. there was obviously 2 plugged in yesterday and first attempt this morning.
New Members / Re: Hi folks
« Last post by Kremmen on August 17, 2022, 03:37:41 PM »
I hope you make the transition to auto OK

If in doubt, when you climb in, take your left shoe off. When you go for the clutch you'll realise somethings different.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Which Mk4 Jazz do you own?
« Last post by Nicksey on August 17, 2022, 03:07:23 PM »
I have the EX Style in midnight blue, or I will have start of September. Ordered 3 months ago after 12 successive Renaults.
Or once every four months in my case!
New Members / Re: Hi folks
« Last post by Jocko on August 17, 2022, 02:59:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum. My Jazz isn't automatic but the previous 3 cars and 16 years were all automatic and they are a dream to drive. Regret going back to a manual and certainly won't have one again.
New Members / Hi folks
« Last post by Nicksey on August 17, 2022, 02:56:49 PM »
Hi everyone. After 12 consecutive Renaults, I have switched allegiance and take delivery of a new EX Style Jazz in midnight blue in the beginning of September.
I have never used an automatic before, so looking forward to a new change of car and driving style.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Who should be the next British Prime Minister?
« Last post by JimSh on August 17, 2022, 11:58:31 AM »
Beware any new laws which transfer powers from some independent institution to the Government, to do with whatever they wish.
Indeed. While we are all distracted by Johnson in a Greek super market and Truss and Sunak squabbling at hustings what else is going on?
Inflation is now above10%.
Johnson is AWOL and both contenders for the top job are part of this government’s failure to act.

What do they have planned for after the recess?

https://www.bestforbritain.org/new_government_same_old_tricks?utm_campaign=220817_bill_blog_reminder&utm_medium=email&utm_source=b4b

Edit added embee's quote.
« Last post by Kremmen on August 17, 2022, 11:56:46 AM »
There were so many bootleg DVD's about they now protect the content and ensure you are entitled for free or paid update.

It is a pain with a 1 or 2 hour download though.

I'm glad the Mk4 has Google Maps via Android Auto, I probably won't update my built in Garmin mapping given there is no traffic.
« Last post by peteo48 on August 17, 2022, 11:37:32 AM »
I wonder why you can't just buy a USB stick with the new maps on appropriately formatted. I'd pay, I don't know, say fifty quid for that.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]