Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Head on collision in my Crosstar
« Last post by Karoq on August 19, 2022, 06:05:56 PM »
That must have come on after I looked. Yesterday they weren't even listed on Autotrader.
 Let's hope Jazz driver can get his insurance company to buy it.
Good luck.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: D or B!
« Last post by PWV on August 19, 2022, 06:02:45 PM »
Some really good points and economy doesn't appear to be affected for some people whether in B or D.
From my experience of living in a flat area I notice the battery charge increases quickly when on the hills, so I wonder if economy is better if a person has a longish hill (s) in their normal routine
I drive in D most of the time.
I Use B if necessary to slow down on hills, and when I can see I will need to stop eg slow traffic, roundabouts etc to increase regeneration and save on brake pads.
I find I notice immediately when I have not switched back to D on lifting my foot off the accelerator.
The manual tells us not to change the gear selector when accelerating - not clear as to what that actually means so I don't do it.
It also allows some changes without pressing the selector button eg D to B and B to D
I also use ECCO mode all the time as of yet.
On my two refills 946 miles and 68 litres over a period of twelve weeks. Mainly urban flat. Motorway a couple of journeys about thirty miles.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz consumption competition
« Last post by Karoq on August 19, 2022, 06:02:00 PM »
I assume I turn up, am told the route, get in and go, so tyres etc will not be possible. I shall certainly turn everything off that is possible and keep the windows shut.
TG it won't be 80F! ;)
« Last post by Derkie54 on August 19, 2022, 05:35:42 PM »
Ah yes, preparation.

Empty all cubby holes, car light as possible
Tyre Pressures maybe up a psi or 2
No passengers
Aircon and heating off
Windows shut
Radio off, save electric for drive

What have I missed :)

Get a lorry to drive in front of you to cut down on drag while you're in his slipstream  :)
« Last post by Kremmen on August 19, 2022, 05:25:03 PM »
Ah yes, preparation.

Empty all cubby holes, car light as possible
Tyre Pressures maybe up a psi or 2
No passengers
Aircon and heating off
Windows shut
Radio off, save electric for drive

What have I missed :)

« Last post by John Ratsey on August 19, 2022, 04:54:41 PM »
If the dealer relies on what the fibometer reports then it implies that all the vehicles are set up with the same fudge factor which makes the mpg looks better than the truth based on fuel into tank.

Chose a warm windless day for doing the circuit as that will give the minimum overall wind losses. And choice of time of day with minimum traffic will facilitate smooth and most economical driving.
« Last post by Jeff15 on August 19, 2022, 02:24:38 PM »
Interesting ?? but you say what you liked.... 8)
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Head on collision in my Crosstar
« Last post by jamjar on August 19, 2022, 01:35:10 PM »
I was surprised and somewhat dismayed to se that the HR-V has only 4 star rating!.
BTW,
There are no new Crosstars available anywhere according to my dealer and they have completely disappeared from Autotrader.

There is one crosstar available:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202205155724922?postcode=nw41pp&sort=relevance&newCarHasDeal=on&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&radius=1501&model=Jazz&include-delivery-option=on&aggregatedTrim=Crosstar%20EX&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Honda&year-from=new&page=1
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: D or B!
« Last post by Neil Ives on August 19, 2022, 01:33:44 PM »
My Jazz is the first car for many years that doesn't have a manual gearbox. Using B is pretty much like using over-run on a manual gearbox. Take your foot off the gas and the car looses speed more rapidly than when using D. It feels more natural to me.
New Members / Re: Hi folks
« Last post by shufty on August 19, 2022, 01:30:46 PM »
...Welcome  :)

New Jazz is my first auto too. It wasn't difficult to get my left leg to 'switch off'  ;D
Although I have, on occasion when exiting a junction, forgot and tried to go for 2nd gear  :o ;D ;D

Wish I'd got an auto sooner!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything