Author Topic: If it had been a Jazz, then it would have gone in the boot (probably)  (Read 2505 times)

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Seen on a highway near Johannesburg

If music be the food of love, play on

guest3895

My wife and I have been lucky enough to have had several holidays in your lovely Country. We believe that RSA is a great place to enjoy motoring - relatively little traffic, cheapish petrol, mostly good roads and great views round every corner. And the local vehicles can often be a cause for great amusement. Can't wait to get back!

Cheers,  Geoff   ;D ;D ;D

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
LOL

Does the local police etc not do anything ?

chrisc

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Local police?  Who are they?  Perhaps if you lived in Cape Town, scenes such as the above might not occur, but in Johannesburg (as can be seen from the car's GP [Gauteng Province] plates) if you were perchance stopped, flashing a R100 or R200 note would sort out the issue.  The cops are as crooked as the best in the world, and if they cannot earn enough "extra cash" during the day, they can always pull over an innocent motorist and try and prise a few extra Rand from him.  Most people, if commanded to stop by a Traffic Cop, just drive straight on and go to the closest Police Station.  The traffic police, national police are all run by different govt departments and there is little, if any cooperation.

Don't let me get started on the brand-new Toll Roads around Jhb. A bigger SNAFU you don't want to envisage.
If music be the food of love, play on

Tags:

anything