Author Topic: How often do you check your rear lights?  (Read 1083 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
How often do you check your rear lights?
« on: February 22, 2018, 10:12:54 AM »
How often do you check your rear lights? I ask this because this morning, as I was exiting my garage, a chap was warming up his car and I noticed a number plate lamp out. I asked him if he was aware of it and he thanked me and said he never checked!
I am lucky, as where I drop my wife every morning I can see the rear of the car reflected in the Hospital glass frontage. So every morning I can see all my tail lights and check the brake lights. And about once a week I check the reversing lights and the rear fog lights. It is very handy.

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
Re: How often do you check your rear lights?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 01:21:01 PM »
I check all exterior lights once a week on Saturday and before longer trips. It’s a habit which i do since my first car about 35 years ago, and my Dad always did. But of course it is no guarantee that when i go out on Sunday that all are still working. ;)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 04:28:06 PM »
I check all 4 tyres visually every time before driving off, I know TPMS is supposed to tell you if a tyre is low but I would rather find out before I drive off.  I normally check all side and headlights if driving off in bad visibility or dark,  but brake lights have to wait for special attention every so often (I will check them if reversing up to a wall or shop window or anything that will show the lights).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 08:45:06 PM »
I often forget the number plate light, even at MOT time.

There must be plenty of drivers on the road who don't bother checking any lights, judging by the number you see with defective lights these days!

Tags:

anything