Author Topic: HONDA JAZZ 2004 1300, HIGH OIL USAGE  (Read 1685 times)

NZJAZZ

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
HONDA JAZZ 2004 1300, HIGH OIL USAGE
« on: March 03, 2019, 04:23:01 AM »
Help Please,

My Jazz has recently started to use a lot of engine oil. No sign of a leak or smoking. any ideas.

thanks.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: HONDA JAZZ 2004 1300, HIGH OIL USAGE
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 09:04:45 AM »
Help Please,

My Jazz has recently started to use a lot of engine oil. No sign of a leak or smoking. any ideas.

thanks.

Depends what you mean by a lot ? How often and how much do you top up and what oil are you using,  there are good reasons for using a slightly thicker oil in older engines ( used to be marketed as 'high mileage oils' ),  Try 10W40 decent quality oil.

I have to say that none of the Honda cars I have owned have ever needed topping up between oil changes despite doing over 100,000 miles,  my first Civic did 190,000 miles and never used any oil.

try putting a piece of clean cardboard under the engine when you park for the night it can help spot any 'drips', other wise get someone to follow you and see if any blue smoke from exhaust ( especially after a long downhill with throttle closed when you open the throttle again ) - problem is that the CAT will deal with some oil that comes out of exhaust so signs of burning oil not so evident as they used to be.

Check the inlet manifold and the pipe from the PCV valve ( positive crankcase ventilation) as sometimes if the PCV goes faulty oil can be sucked into inlet manifold,
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: HONDA JAZZ 2004 1300, HIGH OIL USAGE
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 12:05:47 PM »
 Before you start investigating - ask yourself what changed recently?, more likely to be loosing oil than using oil on aHonda engine.
The cardboard tray idea is a great way to commence investigations.
\let the forum know how you get on.

Tags: