Author Topic: 2012 Jazz climate control switch not lighting up  (Read 5118 times)

mrtricky

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.2 i-vtec
2012 Jazz climate control switch not lighting up
« on: February 26, 2019, 07:33:50 PM »
On my 2012 Jazz the illumination on the lower multi-function climate  control switch doesn't work (the top one does).  Assuming the bulb's gone how do you get the switch out to replace the bulb or check there's power at the connector?  I've been able to get the radio unit and surrounding panel out and a hand on the rear of the switch but couldn't get the switch out.  Any advice or help appreciated.

jazzavac

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz HS Hybrid
Re: 2012 Jazz climate control switch not lighting up
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 02:45:28 PM »
Hi,

Once you get radio out, then you need to carefully pry out the corner shaped part with the climate control switches.

You do not need to remove switch itself, just replace faulty bulbs.
The bulbs are approachable form the back, you will notice screwdriver slots directly behind the switch.
Put a screwdriver in the slot, gently turn for 90 degrees and the bulb will come out.

I used T4.2 LED  Wedge as a replacement, but they give slightly different light colour.
Also, if you use LEDs, they are polarity sensitive, so make sure they work properly before you put everything back.
If LEDs do not work, just take the LED bulb out, turn it for 180 degrees in your fingers, so contacts slots with correct polarity.

If you have time, I would recommend to you to replace all bulbs with LEDs of preferable colour as they are very unlikely to fail.

mrtricky

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.2 i-vtec
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 01:21:19 PM »
All sorted, easy when you know how!
new led bulbs on order through ebay, a little job to keep me out of the way of the Mrs for next weekend me thinks
thank-you for the advice and bulb type / number to order.

Mo_1986

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 09 Jazz 1.4 EX
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 08:16:26 PM »
All sorted, easy when you know how!
new led bulbs on order through ebay, a little job to keep me out of the way of the Mrs for next weekend me thinks
thank-you for the advice and bulb type / number to order.

Hi,

Do you have the ebay link for the LED's you've ordered?
And what colour did you go for, my car is pre facelift so i'm sure I need the clear bulbs.
Also let us know how you removed the panel etc.

Many thanks

jazzavac

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 10:58:19 AM »
I bought LEDs from this seller:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-White-SMD-LED-T4-2-Neo-Wedge-12v-Interior-LED-Bulb/263754229380?hash=item3d68fa2684:g:ONsAAOSwO9RbIDyQ:rk:1:pf:0

regarding removing radio, this youtube video was helpful to me

- Do not use screwdriver to do this, you will damage your dashboard, use plastic trim removal tools
- Protect edges around radio stack with a self adhesive tape. There are lot of sharp parts which can scratch or damage edges while manipulating radio assembly
- Radio assembly is heavy and bulky
- Be careful when disconnecting cables from behind, some connectors must be "unlocked" before disconnected.
- Make sure that all cables are properly connected before you screw and click back everything, I forgot to put connect cables for emergency signal lights switch and airbag indicator.
- You can also remove top storage box door - trivial - screws are part of hinges and easily accessible

Mo_1986

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 09 Jazz 1.4 EX
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 12:50:18 PM »
Thanks for the info, I will order these bulbs and tackle this soon.
Just one more thing, can that T4 led be used for the hazard warning light?

jazzavac

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 04:26:04 PM »
Honda parts diagram shows hazard switch bulb as a indipendent part, so you should be able to replace it once you remove the switch.
part number for the bulb is 35854-TM8-003 BULB COMP. 14V 60mA

This is different from 14V 80mA for AC control switch, so I can only assume that the hazard switch bulb is smaller than T4.2, but I am not sure.

I think you need T3 size for the hazard switch, but I cannot be sure.
The T3 size is also available from the same seller.

Also, another piece of advice - have your radio code at hand - removing power supply from CD/Radio unit will reset the device and you will need the code once you connect everything.

Tags: