Author Topic: help buying + installing aftermarket LED kit  (Read 5545 times)

jazzy_jeff

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: civic
Re: help buying + installing aftermarket LED kit
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2019, 09:47:30 PM »
thanks for this will check it out!!!  :o

jazzy_jeff

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: civic
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 05:15:15 PM »
how is this possible? dont you need the drivers to "convert" the system?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2019, 05:44:40 PM »
how is this possible? dont you need the drivers to "convert" the system?

Have a good look at the classiccarleds link I posted,  in the kit you get 2 x H4 LED bulbs that will fit into your existing headlamp reflector - you also get a couple of little electronic boxes ( not very big, about 30mm x 20mm x 12mm thick ) these constant current drivers ( LED work on current not voltage,  so that is why the bulb conversion kit is labelled as 9 to 32 volts ).   The drivers have two cables coming out - one cable has a plug on it that is the same 3 pin plug as the back of a normal H4 bulb - the plug that you disconnect from back of the old existing bulb plugs into this,  the other cable has a 12mm diameter 4 pin plug that connects to the flying lead coming from back of new LED bulb ( it has 4 wires, 1 common, 1 dip beam, 1 main beam and 1 heat sensing wire which will reduce power to bulb in the very extreme event that the bulb starts to overheat ).   

I have attached a PDF picture of one bulb showing the 3 pin plug, constant current driver and the cables all plugged in.  the heatsink unscrews from rear of bulb to allow you to fit the bulb into reflector,  you then replace the rubber dust cover onto back of headlight and screw heatsink back onto the bulb, cable tie the constant current driver box to a convenient cable or pipe nearby ( cable ties are supplied in the kit) and plug the 3 pin plug into the socket you originally took off the old bulb,  job done - nothing else to do :)

You get a pair of bulbs and drivers in the box.

I can vouch for these bulbs as I have been running them for over 18 months now.

You should be able to get the Phillips bulbs with Luxeon ZES chips cheaper in USA.

Try headlight revolution,   https://headlightrevolution.com/about-us/     

here are a couple of their videos

« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 06:02:24 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: