Author Topic: Stolen Number Plates  (Read 2009 times)

guest7494

Stolen Number Plates
« on: November 25, 2018, 07:54:10 AM »
Have just been reading newspapers,and apparently thousands of Car registration plates are stolen on a regular basis.
Thus causing great worry for unlucky individuals.
Surely some gadget can be used to ensure that if the nimber plate is tampered with it shatters, this would disappoint the the thieving  scrotes,and would surely  be a deterrent eventually.
Any ideas from clubjazz  members would be interesting to observe.

emmerdale

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2013
Re: Stolen Number Plates
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 09:03:30 AM »
Hi saw number plates that shattered when attempt to remove them is made on sale a few years ago but can’t remember where but for sure it was in uk

emmerdale

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2013
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 09:08:48 AM »
Plates advertised in daily mail in an article in 2006 and manufactured by Hills Number Plates, don’t know if firm is still in business and don’t know how effective they were

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 09:47:08 AM »
I expect those who clone vehicles can find an illegal source of new plates, avoiding the need to steal someone else's.

guest7494

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 11:51:01 AM »
I expect those who clone vehicles can find an illegal source of new plates, avoiding the need to steal someone else's.
Quick thinking that man,I never thought of that, however that means once again the scrotes of this world get away with it.
So the alternative for us poor vehicle owners/drivers is to prove where we were on a given date and time,so perhaps dash cams are the answer perhaps the vehicle Registration number should some how be incorporated into the recording, but how? this would then prove beyond reasonable doubt of the authenticity of any such proof if required.
How about that for an Idea/solution.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 12:23:04 PM »
Most dashcams have a facility for entering and recording your reg number, much the same as time and date.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 12:25:24 PM »
A dashcam record would be useful if your car happened to be on the road when the cloned car committed an offence, but the chances are your car will be parked somewhere, so you have no record.  Perhaps we need new paint technology so that the car is a different colour each day - the Jazz Chameleon!

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 12:29:28 PM »
You could get your Jazz a Polo Harlequin wrap.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 12:31:43 PM »
Put a sticker in front and rear car window that is easy to see on cctv / anpr  / speed cams etc this acts as an identifier for your car in addition to number plate.

Number plates are supposed to have the suppliers name and post code on them but I guess dodgy makers would skip that small detail.

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest7494

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 01:41:48 PM »
You could get your Jazz a Polo Harlequin wrap.
I dont think so,but as a point  of interest where did you get yours from. but very kind of you to share with us.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 02:59:05 PM »
At one point it was suggested we'd all have chips in our registration plates/cars but that seems to have been scrapped now.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2018, 05:36:16 PM »
Why bother to steal when you can get this quality of service https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-45397087 ?

And are those who steal / clone number plates likely to put them on a Jazz? (The new Sport model may be an exception).

2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: