Author Topic: New car, few issues  (Read 2034 times)

Mo_1986

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 09 Jazz 1.4 EX
New car, few issues
« on: November 23, 2018, 09:16:59 PM »
Hi everyone, I've just bought a mk2 jazz with a few niggles.

First off i have a issue with a sticky boot release, it gets stuck and i have to push it back in place, spring issue possibly.
Anyone know of a fix for this?

Second thing is the auto fan speed button does not illuminate like the climate control, is this normal or is there a bulb out? If so how do i get to this bulb?

Lastly when i have the fan on face when accelerating lightly i can hear some engine noisish coming through the centre vents? What the hell is this? Lol

Thanks in advance.  ;)

Mo_1986

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: New car, few issues
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 12:26:38 PM »
Any help with the above please?

Carrots

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: GE 1.4 EX 2009
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 06:20:01 PM »
Hello.

Boot release is corrosion behind the handle. Open the boot halfway and douse with wd40, then work it baby. After a few days treat with spray grease to prevent it.

Bulbs - if you mean the buttons in one of the circular pods, you need to take out the radio to get access. Not sure what bulbs, but replaceable. Follow the workshop manual, link in faqs

Noise — don't know but see if it happens without the aircon on to narrow it down

Hope that helps

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 07:04:38 PM »
The boot release sticking is corrosion between sides of plastic handle and the bracket it pivots in. As advised spray some decent lubricant ( not WD40, I did say decent lubricant, maybe 3in1 with PTFE) you will need to work the handle quite a few times until either the rust wears away the plastic handle or the lubricant does its job, a quick spray every couple of months on the hinges of the handle should keep it sweet.

Doubt engine noise is specifically coming in through vents, but it may be induction noise, check if the engine air filter is present and in good order, also check cabin filter.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Mo_1986

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 08:28:21 PM »
Thank you so much for your help i will sort the boot tomorrow.
As for the noise it only comes through the vents on slight acceleration and when the fan is set half way or above, aircon off.
Ill check the airbox to see if its on properly.

Thanks again  :)

Mo_1986

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 09:21:38 PM »
So i've tried 3in1 on the boot release handle but it just won't spring back to it's orginal position. The boot opens and closes fine, the lever isn't stuck it just doesn't spring back to normal position. Does it need replacing?

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 03:47:23 PM »
Avoid another lever , persevere with a penetrating oil and or silicon spray or try a freeing out such as  plus gas.
It can take a few squirts to soak through the crud in order to free off the lever, when a customer comes over with a stuck lever I give it a day or two to apply several spays and then work the lever both ways to free off matters completely.
Remote diagnosis for noises are tricky and best undertaken in the car with a helper, check all fluid levels first.
You could call the last owner.

Mo_1986

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 04:40:47 PM »
Thanks for your help, I'll persevere and try a few more times. I'm using 3 in 1 with ptfe.

Tags: