Author Topic: Sat nav issue  (Read 1502 times)

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
Sat nav issue
« on: September 06, 2018, 10:26:24 AM »
Hi, having problems trying to find a place to put the sat nav, has anyone tried this and if so where did you put it, has it stayed put on the dash. Many thanks.

Sidot

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 ES.Sporty Blue Metallic.
Re: Sat nav issue
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 02:39:45 PM »
On the windscreen right hand side about 3/4 of the way up.
I use the suction sticker.
Only drawback is that the cable hangs over the dashboard to plug it into the power socket.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 03:04:03 PM »
Yes - it worked a treat in the Mk2 but I haven't found a decent location for it in the Mk3 so it's going in a charity bag this evening as it goes!

I have purchased two little self adhesive discs from TomTom via Amazon. I suppose one is a spare but I've mounted it just above the infotainment screen on that little flat area. That's where I had the bean bag type mount but it wasn't that secure.

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 06:37:07 PM »
On the windscreen right hand side about 3/4 of the way up.
I use the suction sticker.
Only drawback is that the cable hangs over the dashboard to plug it into the power socket.
Could you just run the cable straight down to the right of the steering wheel and run the cable under the trim underneath to the middle of the car console. Just a thought. I have a dashcam on the left side and have run the cable down inside the pillars and along the bottom to the centre console so can easily take it out if I need to. 

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 08:40:54 AM »
I use a satnav mount attached to the vertical divider between the centre air vents with hot melt glue. It is semi permanent but can be removed without damage with a drip of alcohol (surgical spirit) if required.

Tags: