Author Topic: Mk3 jazz STILL off the road due to faulty SRS sensor - 5 days and counting  (Read 3662 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
I am horrified tomorrow my 65 reg Jazz Mk3 will have been off the road for 4 days awaiting a replacement for a faulty side impact sensor.

Apparently the SRS warning deactivates the air bags & seat belt pre-tensioners.

The Safety Restraint System warning light came up on Thursday so I took the car in on Friday, a warranty replacement sensor assembly was ordered Friday afternoon. The part did not arrive on Saturday as suggested & is now expected on Tuesday morning.

Honda Customer Services are closed over the weekend but when I called today I found out that Honda spares are shipped from Begium on what they call a 48 service!

My local Service dept did not have a Courtesy car available but luckily when I called the Sales Department the dealers other service dept let me have a Curtesy car on Saturday morning.

I can order other items on line any day of the week & get them the next day (or even the same day) but Honda takes 4 days to deliver critical spare parts, Unbelievable!

I have not had a car off the road waiting for parts in nearly 50 years of running new cars!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 01:18:59 PM by csp »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Mk3 jazz off the road due to faulty SRS sensor
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 07:09:32 PM »
I had a similar occurance about eight years ago with a Focus safety recall, at least Ford rented a Mondeo for me for the three weeks it took to get the high demand part!.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 09:07:04 PM »
My sympathies. I'd be seriously cheesed off. Even my nightmare VW Golf was usually back on the road within 24 hours.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 09:15:58 PM »
When Ford announced that the part was available most dealers in Europe ordered it! It wasn't available for long and went on back order.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 09:30:53 PM »
Personally I would be using it until the part came in, but I was brought up on cars with no seat belts, no airbags, and a steering wheel that would impale you, given half a chance!

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 10:10:14 PM »
If you are talking about my Focus it would radomly not accelerate, not funny when entering a busy roundabout or junction! If the SRS sensor the insurance would not be valid if you knowingly used the car with no airbags etc working. I think mine was put off the road by the dealer because of their legal liability knowing the car was dangerous.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 10:14:04 PM by Skyrider »

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 04:01:59 AM »
My local Service dept did not have a Courtesy car available but luckily when I called the Sales Department the dealers other service dept let me have a Curtesy car on Saturday morning.

I'm amazed the dealer organised a courtesy car for you.  Mine has refused them even when pre-ordered.

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Honda spare parts logistics have falied to deliver the replacement Side Impact Sensor Assembly ordered on Friday and at the moment no one actually can confirm when it will arrive so my car remains off the road for at least another day.

I wasted over an hour this morning trying to get to actuallly speak to someone at the dealers workshop having left messages at workshop reception and for the workshop manager asking for someone to ring me back urgently!

I have asked for one of the Dealer's Directors to call me to discuss the situation but I am not holding my breath.

I am not at all impressed with Honda UK spares supply chain, there seems to be no Urgency what so ever!

Tomorrow the car will have been off the road fro 5 days waiting for a spare part!

I am rapidly going off Honda.

donerkebab

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 11:55:43 AM »
Escalate to Honda UK Customer services - would say service so far has been unacceptable.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 12:10:23 PM »
What is the name of the dealership you are dealing with? Post it here for us all to see. Go onto Facebook and Twitter and spread the news of your dissatisfaction. Social media gets thing moving, in my experience.

culzean

• Approved Member
There was a time when people in car dealership spares departments knew what they were doing and could talk on technical and engineering matters,  but it seems now that they are just clerks who book parts and cars in and out,  and dealers keep no stock of anything except oil filters (one size fits pretty much every Honda anyway) - not even drive belts are kept.

You have a while to go yet, a few years ago I read about a guy who had to wait 6 months for a part for his Chrysler Grand Voyager,  even a year ago my boss had to wait for a part for his Mazda CX-5 for best part of 10 weeks,  so hang on in there Tiger, at least you are wearing their courtesy car out instead of your Jazz.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
... at least you are wearing their courtesy car out instead of your Jazz.

Exactly.  I wouldn't care less as long as I had a car to run around in.   Had one (not Honda) for two months once.

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Without naming the dealer my car is at the Honda dealer's Winchester workshop and the Courtesy car I returned today was from the dealer's Southampton workshop.

Luckily I will not need my car now for a few days otherwise I would have wanted to keep the loan car. My car better be ready by the time I do need it again, then the car will be delivered back to me after the replacement for the faulty sensor has arrived and has been fitted.  I understand my complaint has been escalated within the dealer organisaton and will also be taken up by the dealer with Honda. I will also be following this up with Honda UK once I have more information.

I made a formal complaint to Honda Customer Services about the delay delivering the part on Monday morning but did not really get much joy from them and have not heard from them since.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 09:39:58 PM by csp »

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
I have posted about the problem with Honda spares delivery on Twitter & hopefully Clubjazz will retweet it
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 06:07:14 PM by csp »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
I ordered a bit of trim for my 18 model and collected it from the dealer as expected 18 (overnight) hours later. The parts guy told me it was in stock and available for overnight delivery to the dealer.

Tags: