Author Topic: Mk4 4 Jazz is reaching UK Dealers  (Read 7408 times)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Mk4 4 Jazz is reaching UK Dealers
« on: May 22, 2020, 04:12:32 PM »
I happened to visit my dealer today (I had discovered that they had put too much oil in my HR-V at the last service!) and asked about the Mk 4 Jazz. I was told to look outside as two had arrived this morning. One each of the normal Jazz and the Crosstar. See the attached photos. I recall that May had been mentioned some months ago but that was before the virus caused disruption.

I can confirm, from measuring the distance between the bottom of the door and ground level that the Crosstar is about 3cm higher off the ground than the normal Jazz.

I can also confirm that there's no space for a spare wheel under the boot floor - just a cubby hole under the floor near the bumper.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
Re: Mk4 4 Jazz is reaching UK Dealers
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 04:46:34 PM »
They look smart, not so keen on the lack of boot well for a spare wheel.
I see the Crosstar is damaged already by the drivers side spotlight surround  :(
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 05:00:38 PM »
I see the Crosstar is damaged already by the drivers side spotlight surround  :(

Not damaged. Looks like the cover for the tow eye hole is missing. Check the regular Jazz same spot.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 05:03:01 PM »
I happened to visit my dealer today (I had discovered that they had put too much oil in my HR-V at the last service!) and asked about the Mk 4 Jazz. I was told to look outside as two had arrived this morning. One each of the normal Jazz and the Crosstar. See the attached photos. I recall that May had been mentioned some months ago but that was before the virus caused disruption.

I can confirm, from measuring the distance between the bottom of the door and ground level that the Crosstar is about 3cm higher off the ground than the normal Jazz.

I can also confirm that there's no space for a spare wheel under the boot floor - just a cubby hole under the floor near the bumper.

I really don’t see the point of the Crosstar. Other than the ride height, styling and novelty seat cloth, it is more expensive and lower spec than the EX. I’m looking at getting an EX in 2021. Maybe an ex demo or ex short lease vehicle. 3cm ride height will make little difference to me.

John Ratsey

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 05:52:02 PM »
I'll need the extra ride height of the Crosstar to stand a chance of selling it to the occupant of the front passenger seat. It also has a bit more ground clearance.

The owner's manual is available at https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-owners-manuals/_jcr_content/par1/textcolumnwithimagem_1653971839/textColumn/richtextdownload_90f/file.res/2021%20Jazz%20Owner%60s%20Manual.pdf (I think we discovered this previously).

People are also likely to be worried by the lack of a hand brake lever. This was a concern when I got my HR-V but it's never been a problem and has some useful features such as automatically disengaging when power is applied to pull away.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 06:46:36 PM »

Not damaged. Looks like the cover for the tow eye hole is missing. Check the regular Jazz same spot.

I think you're  right.....my bad  :)
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 04:58:28 AM »
Crosstar model = more profit, best deals on as new models likely to be found as low mileage used often ex motorbility vehicles via Motorpoint or dealerships attempting to meet UK sales targets .
These Jazz models well over priced in UK.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 11:12:32 AM »
Jazz now has 4 parking sensors on the front bumper, my Ex (Elegance) has only two.
The EX seems to have a sort of sensor in the middle of the front bumper, under the number plate, that's missing on the Crosstar.
EX and Crosstar have different tyres, maybe only the size is the same.
I definetly prefer the EX.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 01:30:39 PM »

The EX seems to have a sort of sensor in the middle of the front bumper, under the number plate, that's missing on the Crosstar.

Thanks not a sensor in the middle, thats the tow eye cover - ready to be removed by the dealer and put in the hole in the bumper.
Its so it gets painted at the same time and is the same colour as the bumper.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 05:36:25 PM »

Thanks not a sensor in the middle, thats the tow eye cover - ready to be removed by the dealer and put in the hole in the bumper.
Its so it gets painted at the same time and is the same colour as the bumper.
The tow eye should go into the hole on the right part of the bumper both for crosstar and ex, close to the right part of the car frame.
Maybe it's part of the blind spot monitor or trafic recognizing, there are some features only for EX.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 06:14:01 PM »
The tow eye should go into the hole on the right part of the bumper both for crosstar and ex, close to the right part of the car frame.
Yes. The hole is evident and that part, temporarily attached to the number plate mount, is the blank to fit it.
They leave the mount point clear for dragging vehicles onto transporters in transit.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 01:07:37 PM »
I'm trying to read the tyre brand and model...
The crosstar has a set of Dunlop Enasave300, but I cannot read specs on the  EX wheel.
I've just changed my summer set, moving from the OEM Dunlop SP Sport 2030 to Continental Ecocontact 6, and I definetly prefer the OEM Dunlops..

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 02:24:38 PM »
The EX tyres finish ***th-A.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 02:43:22 PM »