Author Topic: lack of choice on engine size  (Read 7759 times)

guest7675

Re: lack of choice on engine size
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2018, 05:22:39 PM »
+1

Another reason I bought a jazz, no turbo!

Hi sky got my pearl white jazz sport today cvt it does look good with the black wheels and black mirrors so im just looking at the handbook now and will keep you posted.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2018, 05:28:46 PM »
+1

Hi sky got my pearl white jazz sport today cvt it does look good with the black wheels and black mirrors so im just looking at the handbook now and will keep you posted.

Excellent! I am sure you will enjoy it. Good luck with keeping it clean! ;D

This will help, it gives a silky Matt finish on the matt black plastic trim and will protect the paintwork. It worked well on my Sunset Orange and Skyride Blue cars.

http://www.tetrosyl.com/brands/no1-supergloss/
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 07:33:40 PM by Skyrider »

guest7675

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2018, 09:44:56 AM »
+1

Excellent! I am sure you will enjoy it. Good luck with keeping it clean! ;D

This will help, it gives a silky Matt finish on the matt black plastic trim and will protect the paintwork. It worked well on my Sunset Orange and Skyride Blue cars.

http://www.tetrosyl.com/brands/no1-supergloss/

Many thanks sky your right about the white although i know someone with a pearl white toyota IQ and she told me hers does get dirty but its not as bad as some make out i used to have a vauxhall  astra in white a while ago and the road salt that mixes with dirt was the worst thanks for the link i will try that what is your blue like to keep clean.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2018, 10:36:03 AM »
I had black cars, and lived beside a factory that spewed white dust all over the town, until I bought a white car. Then I realised it was black dust! Best colour for cars seem to be nondescript, middle of the spectrum colours. I had a metallic greeny grey Carlton, that got washed every MOT time (if it is clean, how can they fail it?). It didn't show the dirt. All I ever did was wash the windows!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2018, 10:41:05 AM »
It must have been MOT time when that photo was taken. Very shiny.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2018, 11:42:42 AM »
Sunset Orange doesn't show the dirt either. It just becomes a bit less bright. I've never washed my car in the two and a half years I've owned it. The dealer washes it when it gets a service but that won't happen next year because I'll be taking it to an independant.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2018, 11:56:49 AM »
It has only rained once since my orange (aka brown) car turned light blue so up to now it has only got dusty. The black wheels still get dirty though.  :'(

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2018, 01:40:26 PM »
It must have been MOT time when that photo was taken. Very shiny.
I think that was when I first bought it. The "one" for the records.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2018, 03:01:40 PM »
Sunset Orange doesn't show the dirt either. It just becomes a bit less bright. I've never washed my car in the two and a half years I've owned it. The dealer washes it when it gets a service but that won't happen next year because I'll be taking it to an independant.

United Utilities would applaud you. Just got an email from them asking us to economise. The wording's quite funny/ironic - in order to avoid a hosepipe ban we would be grateful if you didn't use hosepipes!

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2018, 06:20:37 PM »

United Utilities would applaud you. Just got an email from them asking us to economise. The wording's quite funny/ironic - in order to avoid a hosepipe ban we would be grateful if you didn't use hosepipes!
Heh. So far here in the South Midlands there seems no indication of restrictions. I've been discussing it on another forum and according to the official government publication in May most of our aquifers were exceptionally full, with only one at 'normal' and rising steadily (apparently geography means it lags behind the others). Same deal with reservoirs with only one being below normal but even that was described as 'of no concern'.

Most of our water comes from underground so it's good to know there's plenty down there but they obviously lag behind surface rainfall and as we haven't had any rainfall for two months now I imagine that come winter they won't be looking so rosy.

Mind you the problems in NI and some in Northern England appear to be down to filtration and pipe capacity rather than lack of actual water which is a different problem.

But the golf courses around here are looking sad. My own had irrigation problems earlier this week so even the greens were suffering but hopefully they've fixed that. The one I'm at tomorrow is on the top of a hill and has sandy soil so I'm expecting everywhere except the tees and greens to be brown. Last time it was like that I got my longest drive ever - 310 yards if I remember correctly. A third of it was probably roll :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 06:25:30 PM by andruec »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2018, 11:45:59 AM »
Yes - the problem here isn't empty reservoirs, it's getting the water round the system with the result that some areas have lost a significant amount of pressure at the tap.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2018, 04:05:03 PM »
Yes - the problem here isn't empty reservoirs, it's getting the water round the system with the result that some areas have lost a significant amount of pressure at the tap.

Thread creep alert - how did we get from small engines to water shortages ?

Fresh water that is available to humans is a very scarce resource, less than 1% of the world's fresh water (or about 0.007% of all water on earth) is readily accessible for direct human use and of that 70% is needed by agriculture to grow our food.

Having lived in Africa and Australia we learned how to conserve water. In Australia there is  a saying 'if it's yellow, let it mellow,  if it's brown flush it down' (obviously to do with the toilet and the amount of water (about 10 litres) people use to flush a teacup (about a third to half a litre ) of urine down the toilet. Around 30% of the water used in a house is for flushing toilets, and reducing flushing to every second or third pee can reduce water usage a lot.  We are lucky in UK that we get a reasonable amount of rain at a rate that means it can soak into our aquifers does not just all come at once and run off into rivers and the sea.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 04:24:39 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2018, 04:45:39 PM »
We are very lucky, here in the UK, when it comes to water, and here in Scotland we get more than most. With the demise of our oil, perhaps in the future we can be a major exporter of water!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2018, 05:06:30 PM »

Thread creep alert - how did we get from small engines to water shortages ?

Fresh water that is available to humans is a very scarce resource, less than 1% of the world's fresh water (or about 0.007% of all water on earth) is readily accessible for direct human use and of that 70% is needed by agriculture to grow our food.

Having lived in Africa and Australia we learned how to conserve water. In Australia there is  a saying 'if it's yellow, let it mellow,  if it's brown flush it down' (obviously to do with the toilet and the amount of water (about 10 litres) people use to flush a teacup (about a third to half a litre ) of urine down the toilet. Around 30% of the water used in a house is for flushing toilets, and reducing flushing to every second or third pee can reduce water usage a lot.  We are lucky in UK that we get a reasonable amount of rain at a rate that means it can soak into our aquifers does not just all come at once and run off into rivers and the sea.

Good points. The other way of looking at it is using 10 litres of clean drinking water to flush a cupful of urine down the pan. We do the mellow yellow thing.

Remember Donovan!

Tags: