Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Car Care & Detailing / Re: Carplan Glass Cleaner - Recommended product.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 03:55:30 PM »
I've tried the same technique with the sugar soap but not with the same success. Must be the sugar soap I used. Just Tesco's.
Fitted Michelin All Seasons tyres to Jazz there years and 18k miles ago.
Not much difference in summer grip (had Michelin Energy Savers) but excellent in snow and mud..I go along single track roads a lot and passing places are so muddy that 4x4s with summer tyres get stuck..

Only very noisy on a few roads with corrugations: have to slow down as noise was painful.

I expect to see 50k miles from a set (Michelin Enery lasted 30k miles)
I have just read this:

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet-industry-news/2021/05/18/more-than-a-thousand-stolen-catalytic-converters-recovered

"Over a five-day period last month, officers and partner agencies made 56 arrests, visited 926 sites, stopped 664 vehicles, recovered 1,037 stolen catalytic converters and 297 items of stolen property; and identified 244 offences."

Good to read some action being taken against this problem. I'm sure it's the tip of the iceberg, but good news nonetheless. :D

CAT burglars always been a nuisance ----
« Last post by culzean on Today at 02:14:32 PM »
For the outside glass, especially windscreen,   https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/cleaners-and-wipes/4trade-sugar-soap-solution-500ml/p/844597

Went into Travis Perkins for some CT-1 sealant and saw it, thought I would use it on shower screen, worked so well I tried it on windscreen of car, used one of those washing up sponges ( the white non-abrasive ones not the green or brown type which can scratch steel ). Scrub on with damp spongy thingy,  it makes a foam, leave foam for 5 minutes and wash off with watering can or hose.   Decorators use sugar soap to clean down older paintwork before repainting, gets all the old Mr Sheen wax and nicotine stains off..
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: 1.5 Sport
« Last post by TnTkr on Today at 02:00:30 PM »
Not really, because it's rather padded.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: 1.5 Sport
« Last post by jazzaro on Today at 01:55:08 PM »
Sure, yes. I would like to modify the tilt system to get it more straight, but I didn't find the way to get into the mechanism.
This could help.

« Last post by Westy36 on Today at 01:11:38 PM »
The outside of the windows get cleaned after every wash, but I never seem to get round to doing the inside. Makes such a difference.

I give the Carplan stuff a nod because it is at a bargain basement price but delivers good results.

The problem with so many products on the market, is finding good stuff. I've bought the odd expensive product in the past, only to be disappointed. Interesting to read your suggestions.  :D
I have just read this:

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet-industry-news/2021/05/18/more-than-a-thousand-stolen-catalytic-converters-recovered

"Over a five-day period last month, officers and partner agencies made 56 arrests, visited 926 sites, stopped 664 vehicles, recovered 1,037 stolen catalytic converters and 297 items of stolen property; and identified 244 offences."

Good to read some action being taken against this problem. I'm sure it's the tip of the iceberg, but good news nonetheless. :D
New Members / Re: Hello from Merseyside
« Last post by Westy36 on Today at 01:00:21 PM »
Welcome to the Jazz forum.  :D
« Last post by culzean on Today at 12:40:31 PM »
I found premixed liquid sugar soap will get absolutely anything off the screen from wax to tree sap to squashed bugs,  and the wipers just purr after......
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10