Author Topic: My wishlist for Jazz Mk3 revision  (Read 29670 times)

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
Re: My wishlist for Jazz Mk3 revision
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2016, 09:21:52 AM »
The EX is worse in this respect than the S or SE because the bigger wheels have skinnier tyres so there is less flexible rubber between the car and the road. I've failed, so far, to understand why the manufacturers (not just Honda) think this is a good idea.
The entire wheels have the same diameter, both 15' than 16'.
EX look sportier and have better drive feeling, but a worst comfort.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:32:16 AM by jazzaro »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2016, 09:26:38 AM »
Only 600 miles on the clock but I notice how hard the suspension is over bad potholes and seams at slowish speeds.
The EX is worse in this respect than the S or SE because the bigger wheels have skinnier tyres so there is less flexible rubber between the car and the road. I've failed, so far, to understand why the manufacturers (not just Honda) think this is a good idea.

Lower profile tyres are totally unnecessary on normal or low performance cars,  we have less choice and they cost more to replace, give the suspension and car occupants a harder time and can be firmly put in the 'fashion statement' category.  My wifes MK2 Si is more comfortable with 175/65 R15 winter tyres on than with standard 185/55 R16  and I'm happy that suspension parts are getting less shock loading.   But as Deeps rightly points out, we are a pretty small market in Honda 'World Car' designs so we get stuff that sells in other countries. 

I'm mystified why Honda does not have a better market in UK and Europe - apart from the initial purchase price they need very little expenditure afterwards and once people have owned a Honda they seem to stick with them, but if you are a younger person who is always looking for 'styling and gadgets' that does not mean much, especially with PCP where people can have a trendy new reg car every few years and probably get stuck with same manufacturer because final payment is too large so they roll over / part exchange to another PCP with same company.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2016, 10:20:47 AM »
Honda do themselves no favours in the UK, for example my daughter wants to replace the aging FRV family bus. She wants another Honda, it would be her fourth, but Honda don't sell anything similar to the FRV. I am sure there are many people who wish honda had a better range in the UK, but as I said above it is a tiny market on a world scale.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:02:38 PM by Deeps »

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2016, 10:28:29 AM »
The whole Europe is a tiny market for Honda... And 33 of 100 Hondas sold in Europe run in UK...

DaveBerks

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ Mk4 Crosstar EX
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2016, 07:46:07 PM »
I think the 16 inch wheels look better on the car and make it look less boxy.  But I accept that ride quality will not be as soft as with 15s.  Add a rear roof spoiler and the chrome trim under the rear window (as I did) and it looks great, very modern and quite sporty believe it or not.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2016, 09:23:12 AM »
I think the 16 inch wheels look better on the car and make it look less boxy.  But I accept that ride quality will not be as soft as with 15s.  Add a rear roof spoiler and the chrome trim under the rear window (as I did) and it looks great, very modern and quite sporty believe it or not.
Yeah I thought of doing that and also getting the blue under dash lights and illuminated door panels. Sadly (or maybe not) my sensible side asserted itself :)

guest6410

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2016, 08:00:06 PM »
The How it Works handbook tome with any new Jazz should be renamed How it doesn't work since it doesn't mention at all why auto lights have the unnecessary spring loaded OFF switch - so why have it and how are the lights supposed to work? They come on when you don't want them and won't come on when you do want them. The new Honda Civic has a more conventional OFF position, so I have to wonder why can't the Jazz models follow suit. And the handbook mentions fitting a space saver spare wheel when none of the new Jazz models have them. I'll be purchasing a new Honda alloy wheel with tyre, a jack and wheelbrace from a Honda parts supplier for about £180 :o. Peace of mind I think, for many - I don't feel confident with a can of gunk and a compressor. AS for the CVT one has to learn how to drive this and adapt ones driving style, methinks.....

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2016, 10:07:07 AM »
The How it Works handbook tome ...
That's a good idea. There are many issues in this forum where someone has had something unexpected happen but they can't find the right page in the handbook. So a re-written handbook that allows you to actually find things would be really helpful. Doesn't have to be printed, it could be stored in Connect &/or online so it could be searched by topic or keyword.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2016, 10:43:53 AM »
They come on when you don't want them and won't come on when you do want them.

Your car must be faulty, my lights come on In the dark or when the wipers are on and go off when the ambient light is bright enough. If the lights stress you out put a bit of tape over the lights on indicator.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2016, 12:18:35 PM »
The How it Works handbook tome ...
That's a good idea. There are many issues in this forum where someone has had something unexpected happen but they can't find the right page in the handbook. So a re-written handbook that allows you to actually find things would be really helpful. Doesn't have to be printed, it could be stored in Connect &/or online so it could be searched by topic or keyword.

Honda USA, or whatever they are called have the Fit manuals and other data available to be downloaded. Honda UK, no chance.

DaveBerks

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ Mk4 Crosstar EX
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2016, 05:29:55 PM »
700 miles from new and beginning to like the CVT engine.  Its bit of a nanny at slow speeds when the blue warning light  comes on and Mr VW/Audi is getting frustrated behind you. But don't be afraid to kick down the accelerator if you want to and anyway, that green eco driving saves a lot of fuel. Haven't even used the S drive yet (it's meant to be an automatic !)

At high speeds it's quite pokey. A bit of a Jekyll and Hyde so well done Honda, some creative thinking has been going on there. Not convinced about mpg on small turbo petrols and three cylinders tho.

Despite some motorway journeys overall average speed has only been 24 mph. So what is the point of a bigger engine ? in Australia and the US, the Jazz (called Fit) has a 1.5 petrol engine and the official average mph is only 35 mph. They think that's good !! (they have been used to 17 mph or so I understand).

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2016, 06:32:43 PM »
and won't come on when you do want them.
I've not noticed that. They come on when they aren't really needed (a fault dating back to previous models) but aside from foggy conditions I've never known them not come on when required. And of course they don't claim to come on when it's foggy anyway.

But the manual is awful. Especially the section on the infotainment unit. Then again it's so poorly implemented that making the manual accurate would involve apologising for it's inadequacies too much.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 06:34:50 PM by andruec »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2016, 06:40:10 PM »
and won't come on when you do want them.
i've not noticed that. They come on when they aren't really needed (a fault dating back to previous models) but aside from foggy conditions I've never known them not come on when required. And of course they don't claim to come on when it's foggy anyway.

I have only used the on switch for the lights once, that was for heavy spray in bright ambient light. I agree with Honda that a hard off switch is not required.

My wishlist contribution would be adaptive cruise control.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 06:48:11 PM by Deeps »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2016, 09:42:48 PM »
Despite some motorway journeys overall average speed has only been 24 mph. So what is the point of a bigger engine ? in Australia and the US, the Jazz (called Fit) has a 1.5 petrol engine and the official average mph is only 35 mph. They think that's good !! (they have been used to 17 mph or so I understand).

Do you mean mpg

The US gallon is less than Imperial gallon so add 20% to the US figure to get 'our' mpg - which will be about 43mpg (maybe Americans are more truthful about expected mpg than Europeans).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:45:10 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2016, 07:14:32 PM »
(maybe Americans are more truthful about expected mpg than Europeans).
I've usually found my fuel consumption to be close to that quoted by the manufacturer. In my opinion the figures quoted are an honest and pretty good estimate of what the vehicle is mechanically capable of.

The fact that apparently most people cannot get those figures out of their car is a reflection of most people's inability to drive a vehicle efficiently. Maybe it's better that way because concentrating on not driving into other vehicles may be all most drivers can handle. But one of the most effective efficiency techniques 'driving without brakes' also has the potential to improve safety.

Tags:

anything