Author Topic: My wishlist for Jazz Mk3 revision  (Read 29637 times)

alboy

• Approved Member
My wishlist for Jazz Mk3 revision
« on: October 18, 2016, 06:26:05 PM »
This is my wish list for the Jazz Mk3 revision when it comes not necessarily in order of importance.

1. More powerful engine with better acceleration a turbo would help.
2. Larger fuel tank another 10litres would make all the difference.
3. The option to switch off the auto lighting which is available with some other Honda models.
4. Just having to press OK once on the infotainment unit and not every time you start the car.
5. A spare wheel as standard along with a jack.
6.Centralise the rear windscreen wiper to increase the cleared area.
7.The option to have a power outlet in the boot.
8.Free lifetime updates for the satnav considering separate units less than half the price include free updates for life.
9.The option for a built in dash cam front and rear although no other manufacturer to date offers this, they are certainly missing a golden opportunity considering the big increase in dash cams.
10.Bring back the chiller box on the passenger side like the Mk2 Jazz
11. Improve the handbrake it is still below par when compared with other cars.

This is not a complete list but feel free to add your own.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:29:46 PM by alboy »

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: My wishlist for Jazz Mk3 revision
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 06:38:44 PM »
Some interesting thoughts, but a below par handbrake, I have to disagree with that. I have the CVT and my car does not move with the handbrake on even on a downhill slope.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 06:47:58 PM »
1) some more efficient headlights: LED or Xenon or almost a double function halogen projector.
2) android auto in the infotainment system, just to install alternative satnav apps
3) larger fuel tank, almost 5 litres...

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 06:57:49 PM »
Some good ideas. Here are mine:
1. A proper, open, Android based infotainment system. Just get Marshmallow running on the damn thing and let us treat it like any normal Android based smartphone. Apart from not being able to carry it in our pocket of course :D

And don't require me to keep clicking a stupid button every time I drive.

2. Bring back (as an accessory if they have to) the Mk2's boot floor and carpeted spare wheel well.

3. Bring back wing mirrors that can rotate far enough to let you see the curb when reversing.

4. Idle stop on the CVT should not require me to keep my foot brake pressed if I'm in neutral.

5. Optional front/rear dash cams.

6. More customisable driver info display. Give us more flexibility to choose what components we want to display. If I want fuel consumption, temp and miles left in the tank let me have them. Don't force me to accept fixed combinations.

7. Move the internal indicator lights to the top of the dash. That way they won't be obscured by the steering wheel.

8. Bring back the HFT voice control. Sure it was a bit annoying but at least you could dial a number just by pressing a button on the steering wheel. (Someone please tell me if i'm missing something on the Mk3 but as far as I can tell all you can do is attach audio snippets to numbers in your address book and can only 'dial' those numbers hands free).

I think that's about it really :)

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 09:21:19 PM »
Am I missing something, but why do you have to press OK on the infotainment screen every time you start the car? If you leave it the screen goes off after a few seconds. Why do you need the infotainment screen on all the time?

guest6316

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 05:42:09 AM »
Couldn't agree more with the wish lists posted, but unfortunately because its Honda you have just added about £2k to the list price.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 07:59:52 AM »
I was thinking along the same lines, it would make the jazz even less competitive in the supermini class. Not everyone is a jazz fanatic that would buy it at any price.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 08:41:51 AM »
I was thinking along the same lines, it would make the jazz even less competitive in the supermini class. Not everyone is a jazz fanatic that would buy it at any price.

The money has to go somewhere.  I for one am glad that Honda concentrate on making the mechanical bits reliable and efficient (after all a car with a an engine that won't run is just an expensive roadside or driveway ornament - no matter if it has pretty headlights or a infotainment system to die for).  Think French cars,  that's what I am thinking  :o
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 08:46:00 AM »
Am I missing something, but why do you have to press OK on the infotainment screen every time you start the car? If you leave it the screen goes off after a few seconds. Why do you need the infotainment screen on all the time?
As it stands that means you don't have any visible clock (except at night when it's just possible to see the dimmed out time in the top right). You can get the time displayed on the smaller dash screen but only if you switch off cruise control but it has to be 'off' not just 'inactive' (and does anyone ever bothers to actually switch it off?). An alternative would be not to dim out the top line or display a proper clock on the screen.

But I'd rather flip the question back round to you and ask what is gained by me clicking a button on the screen? I'm an adult. I took a driving test. I am well aware who is responsible if I crash the vehicle. Clicking a stupid button (one that requires concentration to actually touch properly) means nothing.
Easily solved. Make most of them options or for higher models only. And I'm not sure if my suggestions would add much cost.

1. Would probably be cheaper. Instead of paying Pioneer to produce a lobotomised, defective, customised head unit just buy an off the shelf LCD screen and Android host hardware. Job done. Probably make it less attractive to thieves as well.

2. The old boot floor just needs a modification to the design. Admittedly there would be a cost here as the old well cover is well built and the extra carpet in the well adds to it. But still - make it an accessory and that's a none-issue.

3. No cost. Just modify the gearing/motor assembly. Likely due to be redesigned anyway.

4. Yes, this would add cost. And there might be a good reason for the current design - it seems common on automatics with idle stop :-/

5. Maybe no cost. There's already cameras in place. The rear camera already has a feed to the infotainment unit. Route the forward facing camera there then let the Android system handle recording.

6. Yes, there's cost here. Although maybe they could connect it to the infotainment system as a second screen and let Android drive it. Still, it'd need some software work to provide the kind of customisation I want. Then again if they go with properly open Android any fool should be able to do that.

7. No cost. They will be redesigning the dash anyway.

8. See (1) - no cost :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:25:16 PM by andruec »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 08:49:02 AM »

I don't press the OK on the if I crash the car its my fault screen either. I turn it on if I need it for anything.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:42:13 AM by Deeps »

doug

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 EX CVT
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 10:22:12 AM »
Some likely, some extremely unlikely:
1) More engine options: 1.0l turbo, hybrid (exists in Japan), 1.5l turbo type-R, full electric with 200mile+ range :)
2) Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support
3) ability to record the built in cameras
4) Sliding rear seats - I don't need the massive rear legroom, but would like more boot space
5) Rear parcel shelf flap to cover the whole boot space, when the rear seats are not fully reclined there is a gap, this would be even worse if the seats could slide
6) Fully autonomous drive mode  :)

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 10:50:38 AM »

Yes you are missing something! Fuel consumption data, clock, radio station info, CD track info? Obviously no-one needs to have the screen on all the time, but I would certainly like to have the option. I suspect it is a legal requirement to show the warning.

Also, not quite sure about this, but don't think the phone handsfree options work without it on..

guest6316

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 01:41:58 PM »

Yes you are missing something! Fuel consumption data, clock, radio station info, CD track info? Obviously no-one needs to have the screen on all the time, but I would certainly like to have the option. I suspect it is a legal requirement to show the warning.

Also, not quite sure about this, but don't think the phone handsfree options work without it on..
[/quote]

Spot on Mike and yes it is a legal requirement to display a warning.......

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 10:13:14 PM »

Rear parcel shelf flap to cover the whole boot space, when the rear seats are not fully reclined there is a gap, this would be even worse if the seats could slide

That gap is not necessarily a bad thing, it assists the air flow through the boot to the air outlets behind the rear bumper.

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 10:30:16 PM »
Oh! Well we don't use satnav, cd, radio, clock, cruise control or fuel consumption data on the big screen.  It makes you wonder why we got the one with all the toys.
I must admit on my other car I like to have the map showing with speed limits, and on this I don't have to acknowledge the warning message each time just let it time out. 

Tags:

anything