Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Any phone geeks on here?
« Last post by MrPolite on January 29, 2023, 11:12:30 PM »
I have a perfectly faultless mobile phone, which is stuck on Android 10, with no more support from the (extinct) manufacturer.

Is there any way to update the android system, for security reasons?

The phone is perfect apart from that, and it seems madness to have to chuck away a perfectly good phone.

The phone is a Mara Z1.

Any help appreciated  :)
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Advice on next car!
« Last post by Spencer69 on January 29, 2023, 10:16:35 PM »
Any idea what causes gearbox problem? Whst mileage are we talking about, when you bought it and when gearbox went, if you don't mind me asking.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Advice on next car!
« Last post by chrisv on January 29, 2023, 10:04:23 PM »
I bought my 2011 cvt jazz about 5 years ago from a main dealer for £5,000. 
Car has been totally reliable but have had to shell out for an expensive gear box repair but it was better than write off and replace,
Chris
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: headlights of 2013 Jazz
« Last post by Spencer69 on January 29, 2023, 08:23:29 PM »
In evening, when dark enough, park opposite a wall somewhere and put lights on, then play around with the level settings. You will see height of light beams.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Last query I promise - taxing car no logbook!
« Last post by Spencer69 on January 29, 2023, 08:18:45 PM »
Hi Jocko, Got you. Can't see key gob being with car/dealer. .ike you say, in drawer somewhere maybe with spare key. Have looked at this also, £130 key service come to us quoted £130...better than what I imagine honda would charge...not unheard of £400!
And the taxing lark, this is what I can only think dealer here is doing. He certainly put any ghosts I had concerns abd anxious about. Our neighbour used to work at post office on counter for years but today only been able to speak to her. She confirmed that couple dealers she dealt with regularly would even just leave documents abd signed open cheque with her to out through and complete amounts owed in cheque. Are occasions where mere mortals unable to tax with v62 but higher gods of dealers able.
Get back on Wednesday 🙏😃
Honda & Other Honda Models / 1999 HR-V OBD socket
« Last post by Avin on January 29, 2023, 08:18:03 PM »
My 1999 HR-V has an empty space where the OBD socket should be, is this normal fo an early model as I thought all cars from around 1996 had a socket fitted, has anyone any information on this please.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: subframe repair cost?
« Last post by Jocko on January 29, 2023, 07:53:11 PM »
I believe you have to take out the roof trims (they slide and lift out AFAIK), clean out the dried cracked sealant and replace but seemingly YOU CANNOT USE BATHROOM SEALANT. There are plenty of threads on here regarding doing the job.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: subframe repair cost?
« Last post by Waue1978 on January 29, 2023, 07:33:00 PM »
mine had a water leak in the boot when i first bought it.. just cleaned the seam joins  at the back of the roof  when the tailgates up and just underneath the rear roof trims and sprayed some white grease over them.. havent had a leak since.. and dont look un-sightly as in some of the sealent repairs im sure we have all seen

Any chance you can stick up a pic of your repair as I'd be interested to see that?

Our low mileage (60k) silver one has cracks in the sealant, but I'm hesitant to get Honda to do it as when they did it to our blue one they basically just squirted black shite everywhere & it looked an utterly disgrace.

Did have a go with a small tube of bathroom sealant myself (just filling in the cracks) & made a bollocks of it myself too.

Did go to see how much a bodyshop would charge to do that & tidy up the small rust patches at the bottom of the rear arches (before it takes hold), but got quoted over £1000 & the car's only worth £2k.
New Members / Re: 2009 JAZZ Petrol 1.4 i-VTEC Spark Plugs
« Last post by Jocko on January 29, 2023, 06:56:43 PM »
According to NKG use DIFR6D13 and carefully reduce gap to 1.0mm.

https://www.ngkpartfinder.co.uk/catalogues/cars/search/spark-plugs/HONDA/JAZZ/2009/11671/
Gallery / Re: General Photography
« Last post by Jocko on January 29, 2023, 06:53:17 PM »
Historic vehicle (>40y), doesn't need MOT. Age refers to building date, not first registration.
On one hand the Dept for Transport says:
Eligibility
You do not need to get an MOT if the vehicle was first registered more than 40 years ago and no ‘substantial changes’ have been made to the vehicle in the last 30 years.
but elsewhere it says Most vehicles manufactured or first registered.
Confusing. I always understood the first was the case. A colleague had a Capri manufactured 41 years previous but first registered 39 years previous and he was refused MOT exemption.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10