Author Topic: Shines like a new shilling  (Read 7211 times)

guest765

Shines like a new shilling
« on: June 16, 2009, 07:16:33 PM »
I just tried a new type of car wax after reading so much about it as i had run out of my usual Meguiars polish ......i saw some on EBay its called Harley Carnauba Wax... not a liquid but a solid paste type. The liquid only has a small bit of Carnauba wax in it..its not cheap it cost £20 with post and delivery........but its the dogs....really..... I'm into concours and car shows and its the best result i have had.
With so many of you taking so much pride in your cars i just had to post this bit of news (if you don't already know)..........Joe ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Shines like a new shilling
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:37:22 PM »
Any pictures of the car? :)

I use Victoria Collectors Wax - £14.95 + £2.60 p&p off ebay. Very easy to apply and buff. The shine on Storm Silver is fantastic - nice and 'wet' looking without muting the metallic flakes. 8).

It's a paste wax and you only need to use a small amount so don't be put off the small size of the jar.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:46:03 PM by RichardA »

guest765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:54:52 PM »
The car was not my wifes Jazz thats the next one to be done......this is my ten year old Daimler Super v8.......but the polish certainly works......Joe

guest765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 07:55:05 AM »
It goes on and on with improvements, the results i have found are top class and i thought unbeatable.......until at the last show when i chatted with the Meguairs Polish chap........he though i had a good finish on my car, then said "here try this on top as a finisher"........its really top notch.........Meguairs Tech Wax 2......... :-X

guest2197

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 01:30:43 PM »
I have been using show room shine available from ebay. I saw the adverts for it on qvc and thought it was just hype as you use no water just a microfibre to polish on the sprayed wax and a clean microfibre cloth to take it off.
It really works you get no smears and can do it in full sunlight can polish and clean whole car in 15 mins and it does look like a show room car when done.
I dont use car washes or other polishes any more and it's so good my wife cleans our windows and patio doors with amazing speed and no smears any where. Well wort buying.
 8) ;D
regards
Keith

Tags: