Author Topic: Changing UK Headlights for European Use  (Read 5743 times)

guest883

Changing UK Headlights for European Use
« on: May 01, 2009, 07:02:06 PM »
I have relocated my UK RHD Jazz to Spain where I spend part of the year, and to comply with Spanish Law, I have to change the headlights to LHD European ones.
My car is a 2003 Model. 1.4SE.
I am having difficulty in locating the correct headlamp units and would be grateful for any help, Especially the part numbers I require.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Changing UK Headlights for European Use
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 03:05:38 PM »
Can you use those stickers to deflect the beam? (sorry, I can't remember what they are called)

guest7263

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 01:12:54 PM »
I have the same problem, but 8 years later :D

I've bought a couple of new headlamps on Ebay and, obvioulsy after changing them and testing them in a "quick' garage they're not at the right height.

Once at home I've tried to turn the gear to adjust the height but as it seems to do the job on the right side, it doesn't change at all on the left. Any ideas?

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 02:35:20 PM »
I think all euro headlights have motorized height adjustment, the US units only have a screw adjustment.  I think there is a slot on the euro lights to get the basics right - it's possible the motor on the bad one is beyond it's normal range so is not responding and is holding the unit too low/high.  Manually centering before fitting may solve it.
--
TG

roborto

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2008, 1.4
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 04:28:13 PM »
Same problem, exporting UK Jazz (2008) to Europe. Can anyone confirm if I have to change the whole headlamp (worth 100euros) or if they can be adjusted to point the other way? Local electricians seem puzzled. If anyone managed to do this, please recommend an electrician I can call. Thanks in advance

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 08:27:17 PM »
The headlamp units are different for the RHD and LHD models. RHD has a -E01 suffix and LHD -G01.

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 08:51:31 AM »
have you tried to locate  a  Spanish registered Jazz in a breakers yard and buying  the LHD headlights and any other components required for compatibility?

Tags: