Author Topic: Air Conditioning Leak  (Read 4474 times)

guest3370

Air Conditioning Leak
« on: August 21, 2012, 11:17:32 PM »

Last weekend was really hot. I did about 500 miles visiting relatives and had the air conditioning running all the time while driving. A large puddle appeared in the front passenger footwell. I bailed out regularly on the journey using a sponge and must have removed at least 2 litres of water but the mats were still sodden. I returned it to the local dealer, Gilders Sheffield, on Monday. They immediately diagnosed a disconnected air conditioning drain pipe as the source of the problem. It would appear to be a design fault. Anyone else had this problem? Apparently, it is possible to dislodge the connection unintentionally with your right foot if it is pressed into the top right of the footwell (possibly my driving and nervous passenger?).
Anyway, all credit to the dealer for recognising the problem. I wonder though if the sodden carpet will dry without either smelling of mushrooms or suffering from water stain? Only time will tell - any problems, I will be back to the dealer!!
(Honda Jazz 1.4 ES ishift May 2012)

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Air Conditioning Leak
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 10:03:51 AM »
To dry the carpet flooring
try mopping as much as possible, pack old newspapers or kitchen towels , replace when damp
- most important  leave the vehicle well ventillated in sunlight - if we ever have 2 days of sun!

guest1521

• Topic Starter
Re: Air Conditioning Leak
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 04:49:15 PM »
Your dealer could (should) put a portable electric dehumidifier in your car and run it (the dehumidifier) overnight. I'd ask... for a free courtesy car if need be, too.

But if you have a longish journey (2 or 3 hours) shortly, aircon 'on' and set to 'feet' should dry it out - of course.

Tags:

anything