Author Topic: Air con question, warm on one vent. Rest cold.  (Read 2814 times)

guest1521

Air con question, warm on one vent. Rest cold.
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:55:31 AM »
Air con (not 'climate') on my GE '09 Jazz driver's-side circular vent suddenly began blowing warm without any adjustment whatsoever to the settings while my passenger assured me the circular vent on her side was continuing cold (as cold as my 'central' vent above the radio was continuing to blow, she said.)

Slowly changing the vent settings from 'face' all the way round the rotary dial and back again a few times made no difference so I closed the external louvres/shutters on that circular vent - lucky my central vent was blowing cold as normal throughout the rest of the journey. Miles later when I opened the shutters/louvres my circular vent was still blowing warm.

I presumed something was stuck, blocked... or perhaps ducting had become detached.

Next day, however, and my circular vent is blowing cold as normal! So ALL vents now blowing evenly cold (as set and as expected) for a few days short-running around and throughout a 360 mile journey y'day.

Anyone know the possible cause? Is it possible it could become more frequent and then permanent? Don't you just hate faults that are intermittent! Makes diagnosis very difficult.

Pollen filter was changed by my Honda dealer a couple of weeks ago as part of scheduled servicing...

I'm inclined to get the dealer to look at it while a few months warranty remain... But while the problem is intermittent, it's potentially simply frustrating ...

Any suggestions anyone, please?

guest1231

• Topic Starter
Re: Air con question, warm on one vent. Rest cold.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 04:36:38 PM »
I have had this happen momentarily when cornering or going round a long bend! I know it sounds odd!

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 03:17:01 PM »
Despite the pollen filter, wife's Jetta had a leaf inside the vent.  It made a rattling sound when you put the fan on.  Had to extract it with needle-nose pliers
If music be the food of love, play on

guest1521

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 08:41:57 AM »
Of course, it hasn't done it to the same uncomfortable and obvious extent since, though the vent has been blowing a tiny tad warmer than the others. You can only just feel it. Took it to the dealer (warranty - 4 months left) who say they checked it all out and seems OK. 'But by all means bring it back when it is doing it again.'

If it does it during the long trip next week I'll immediately take it to any Honda dealer in proximity before it reverts to normal/near normal again. Faults that are intermittent are the very worst - except for eye-wateringly expensive ones.

Thanks for your posts.

Tags:

anything