Author Topic: Removing car park scuff  (Read 11170 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Removing car park scuff
« on: December 18, 2011, 07:50:01 PM »
I discovered this damage a few days ago. Third hit-and-run in 18 months! Fortunately the damage is minor.

It looks like it happened at work sometime within the last month. Either that or it's a trolley ding from someone bringing up a trolley alongside the car.

Can this be fixed using a polish and the stone chip paint stick?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 03:02:17 PM by RichardA »

guest2898

Re: Removing car park scuff
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 09:41:16 PM »
Bad luck old chap! the light scratch will come out with car plan metallic T-CUT, use it on the lower one too, then use a genuine honda touch up pen, they are under a fiver from the dealer, use a few layers, then a few layers of a good polish such as MER or auto-glym over both areas... should come up ok.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 08:39:55 AM »
The lower one looks like it has scuffed a kerb, I doubt that it will look like new, but should look better than it does, use a primer first before applying thin layers of top coat, add little by little.

As Gaz says the top lighter sctratch should improve with T-Cut, and a good polish.

As both scratches are on the same panel it might be worth thinking about a smart repair if its your pride and joy.

Oz

guest2928

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 12:48:44 PM »
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. :(  It's heart breaking when you arrive back, to discover your pride and joy has been damaged. Auto Glym Super Resin Polish + touch up paint and keep away from all crazy Xmas shoppers!
I remember on Xmas eve a few years ago, I was waiting for fuel at a garage. A rather impatient woman decides to cut in front of myself and others queueing, and then leaving her handbrake off very nearly rolled into me! Gave her a blast of the horn,  :D then she shouting some expletives at me and drove off! I honestly think that festive stress can make some people do crazy things.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 08:11:41 PM »
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. :(  It's heart breaking when you arrive back, to discover your pride and joy has been damaged.   

This one doesn't bother me too much after what happened back in August. I don't know when this happened as I haven't washed the car for a month now.

guest238

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 08:58:29 PM »
Polish it as best as you can using either T-Cut Scratch Remover, Meguairs ScratchX or Forieca G3 scratch remover then follow it up with some Autoglym Super Resin Polish. You will need a smart repair (£50-75) for the best results but I wouldn't bother until you intend to sell the car.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 08:30:09 PM »
Bought some Farécla G3 Scratch Remover paste (cheaper than the Megs Scratch X, more positive reviews on the Halfords website than T-Cut scratch remover). Worked a treated in removing the scuff marks followed up some touch-in paint. It's not perfect but it doesn't catch the eye anymore when you pass.

The culprit appears to be a Sainsbury's trolley as the scuff marks match the frame/wheel assembly and the scratch halfway down the bumper matches the basket.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:48:16 PM by RichardA »

guest2898

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »
That has come up really well richard, you can barely see it... top job!  ;D

guest3340

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 07:40:31 PM »
Bought some Farécla G3 Scratch Remover paste (cheaper than the Megs Scratch X, more positive reviews on the Halfords website than T-Cut scratch remover). Worked a treated in removing the scuff marks followed up some touch-in paint. It's not perfect but it doesn't catch the eye anymore when you pass:

The culprit appears to be a Sainsbury's trolley as the scuff marks match the frame/wheel assembly and the scratch halfway down the bumper matches the basket.

Good job.  I use the Farecla G3 brings the whole car up great then a nice polish to finish off.

Tags:

anything