Author Topic: front passenger window scratch  (Read 5762 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
front passenger window scratch
« on: July 18, 2011, 01:18:34 AM »
some one has scratched my front passenger window pretty deep must have been a car mirror or something, too deep for someone brushing against it

i managed to smooth it off with a razor blade and polished it a bit and it looks 50% better i might try some autosol polish on it as it is slightly more aggressive than the polish i have used

does anyone know of a car glass polishers in the south manchester / cheshire area that you would recommend as the ones i have found just replace windows or just sell kits over the internet

thanks

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: front passenger window scratch
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 08:58:22 AM »
I had a body repair done  a few years back, and had a glass marked where someone had let a sander come in to contact with the side window. Basically they gently sand it back using finer and finer glass paper, then rubbing compound, then polish, so I suggest try a bodyshop.

Oz

guest2162

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 08:28:08 PM »
I've replied to your other thread in 2008 on Jazzes.

Jeweler's rouge and hard work. Do not use abrasive paper, you'll get the big scratch out and replace it with little ones.

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 11:11:31 PM »
will tempered glass eventually shatter into small pieces over time and temprature changes if it has scratch/scuff damage in the glass?

Tags: