Author Topic: New Jazz, rear seat and sun visor light  (Read 18633 times)

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
Re: New Jazz, rear seat and sun visor light
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2023, 06:26:38 PM »
HI,
Yes, I confirm, I looked again and there are only 2 screws as "5thcivic"  writes and the indication for the 12V2W bulb type

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2023, 04:42:41 AM »
I've had many cars over the years, decades, with vanity mirrors and never used them

I know what I look like  ;)
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2023, 07:48:10 AM »
I've never used a vanity mirror either. Lit or unlit.  I too know what I look like but still dare to venture out of the house  ;

My wife  wears very little make up and has only used them once or twice.  ( I just asked her  - a potentially risky question) 

I've never used a rear seat rest thinking  "this is nice" But I have had to sit on a folded one  thinking how uncomfortable it is. 

Definitely luxuries I am happy I am not paying for.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2023, 08:39:10 AM »
Just out of interest I had a look at my vanity mirrors today and have only today realised they don't flip open like all previous cars but the cover is a slide

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2023, 09:39:17 AM »
I believe smart  phones can act as a vanity mirror using its camera. It might need a special app, but would meet my very limited needs.  So maybe real mirrors are  becoming an  obsolete relic.  (like me).   :-*
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Wonder

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2023, 11:34:22 AM »
HI,
in reality, in addition to the functionality of the accessory, in this case the courtesy lights, it bothers me to see the settings on the car not being used, I try to always buy the cars in the TOP version because I don't want to see caps instead of a button.  :(
Of course I understand that having courtesy lights is not a fundamental thing, but when I open the mirror it bothers me to see a cap instead of the courtesy light (especially in a TOP setup)  >:(

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2023, 02:39:09 PM »
We (me AND my wife) don't need a lit vanity mirror. I use little makeup :-*, my wife uses it as a rule before she leaves the house.
If we want to admire ??? ourselves in the car, the so-called "map lights" provide (much!) more than enough light. :o
And about that cap: neither I nor my wife remember whether and, if so, when we might have been annoyed by it.
If nothing goes right, go left!

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2023, 07:05:02 PM »
I would need to use my ready readers to be able to see anything useful in a vanity mirror - having a light wouldn’t improve upon that nor to my receding hairline 😂

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2023, 04:45:09 PM »
Frankly the lights in the visor don't bother me, except if paying for an EX you might expect it in the package. Much more important in an EX or top model is the lack of glass sunroof and cover, which is poor in a top model, and strange given that the extra light provided would highlight just how spacious and open the interior is for the class of car.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2023, 04:24:39 AM »
Over the years I've had many cars with glass roof, sunroof, moon roof, whatever each called it, but, I've never opened the sliding cover to make myself more visible to the outside world.

I don't think the outside world is ready :)

pasqui

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar 2022
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2023, 04:28:09 PM »
My Crosstar 2023 has no vanity mirror lights (btw, I had a problem with my contact lenses it would have been very useful).
On the other hand, I have a useless dimmer very prominent on the dashboard (never used) while I desperately miss the blind spot monitor.

Tags: