Author Topic: New Dashboard Icon/Symbol?  (Read 4168 times)

Quetzal013

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance Hybrid 2023
New Dashboard Icon/Symbol?
« on: October 08, 2023, 02:47:45 PM »
Edited to add: I’ve just worked out it’s an icon of my scroll wheel meaning I can scroll on that view for more info!!!

I’ve just bought a new Jazz Advance Hybrid and I love it!!!
I’ve been out for a drive today and spotted a new white icon/symbol on my dashboard. I’ve been through the user’s manual and searched online, but I can’t find anything!
I’ll attach a pic of it, with red arrow pointing to it. If anyone could tell me what it is I would very grateful.
Many thanks.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 02:58:26 PM by Quetzal013 »

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
Re: New Dashboard Icon/Symbol?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 02:59:53 PM »
It refers to this selection "wheel":

...and the forum is awake!  :D
If nothing goes right, go left!

Quetzal013

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance Hybrid 2023
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 03:21:43 PM »
Thank you!!

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2023, 03:52:25 PM »
Here the manual for the "old" (pre-facelift) Jazz:

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-owners-manuals/_jcr_content/par1/textcolumnwithimagem_1653971839/textColumn/richtextdownload_90f/file.res/2021%20Jazz%20Owner%60s%20Manual.pdf

Have a look at page 141 - 142. I suppose everything will be exactly the same for the "new" facelift model.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2023, 05:03:33 PM »
If you change the setting, whatever is selected will be accompanied by useful text as well as the icon
Let's be careful out there !

RafJazz

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Sport 2024
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2023, 08:01:08 PM »
I take this opportunity to point out that in the new 2023 model there is an additional item.
This is the attention monitor driver.

From the manual:
"When you select Driver Attention Monitor on the driver information interface, bars on it light up in white to indicate the degree of the driver's attention If the number of bars drops to two, the Driver Attention Monitor will display the white coffee cup (without the bars) to warn the driver that his or her attention level is low.
If the number of bars drops to one, a beep will sound and the coffee cup will turn to amber to warn the driver that he or she needs a break as his or her attention level is too low.
If the coffee cup lights up in amber, stop in a safe location and stay for as long as needed.
The amber coffee cup warning will disappear when the button is pressed or when the system has determined that the driver is driving normally.
If the driver does not take a break and the monitor continues to detect that the driver is very tired, the coffee cup will light up in amber again after approximately 15 minutes, accompanied by a beep.
The warnings do not appear when the traveling time is 30 minutes or less."

link:
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-owners-manuals/_jcr_content/par1/textcolumnwithimagem_1653971839/textColumn/richtextdownload_a89/file.res/24%20JAZZ%20HEV%20SSS%20(KE%20KG)-32TZA6300_01_web_compressed.pdf

page 153

Here the manual for the "old" (pre-facelift) Jazz:

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-owners-manuals/_jcr_content/par1/textcolumnwithimagem_1653971839/textColumn/richtextdownload_90f/file.res/2021%20Jazz%20Owner%60s%20Manual.pdf

Have a look at page 141 - 142. I suppose everything will be exactly the same for the "new" facelift model.

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2023, 08:21:09 PM »
I hope this new system works better than RDMS  ;D

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2023, 11:06:55 PM »
... and that it serves a cup of coffee...

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2023, 07:19:44 AM »
Driver attention monitor  (DAM ?)    sounds like a useful addition. I assume it monitors how often the various other systems  'decide' to give a steering wheel twitch, warning light etc, and how quickly you react to them  with a drivers intervention  (if at all)  .    So potentially  if other systems intervene more often than you consider necessary you may also be told to drink more coffee than you would like.   

Will some drivers be told to stop driving  based on how they normally drive  ,not because its deteriorating  due to tiredness. ?   

I sometimes  know in advance there might be a slight 'twitch situation' but do it anyway, knowing I am in control.  I call it advanced driving, others  may call it laziness. and they  may be right.  :-[   Will those of us told to 'off for coffee' take the hint  or always think we know better?   :P

« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 08:13:10 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2023, 07:39:23 AM »
... and that it serves a cup of coffee...

And that you don’t have to drive, to the Nextcafé.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2023, 08:16:26 AM »
Maybe the sat nav could  direct you to the nearest Honda approved  cafe.   They have missed a money making  opportunity there.     :-* Or as jazzik says serve you a cup of coffee but using unique and expensive Honda main dealer  coffee pods. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 08:20:11 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2023, 08:49:34 AM »
... using unique and expensive Honda main dealer  coffee pods.

That'll probably Costa lot.

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2023, 02:49:54 PM »
Will it give you a blast of icey cold air from the aircon :( and a call of "Wakey Wakey"  >:( DAM
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 02:51:38 PM by CB72 »

Tags: