Author Topic: Jazz Recall due to front camera problem - New Zealand  (Read 2214 times)

PaulC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
Jazz Recall due to front camera problem - New Zealand
« on: August 08, 2022, 07:08:51 AM »
Hi, I have just received a notice from Honda New Zealand that our 2021 Jazz e:Luxe is being recalled.
From the notice:
"There is a potential problem with the monocular camera located on the front windscreen of the vehicle, which may cause the Honda Sensing operations to not work properly and the driver may not be aware."
Has anyone in the UK received a similar notice?
Paul

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Jazz Recall due to front camera problem - New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 07:14:14 AM »
Not yet

Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 07:41:37 AM »
And whats the betting  its because they have enough chips for the necessary recall in NZ,  but not enough to do an equally necessary recall   in the UK/EU.  ::)        Do NZ cars come from Hondas  factory  in Thailand? 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 04:53:13 PM »
Hi, I have just received a notice from Honda New Zealand that our 2021 Jazz e:Luxe is being recalled.
From the notice:
"There is a potential problem with the monocular camera located on the front windscreen of the vehicle, which may cause the Honda Sensing operations to not work properly and the driver may not be aware.
Paul
That’s an incredibly vague statement from Honda. Makes you wonder if it is just NZ or a global issue.

PaulC

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 09:24:37 PM »
.... Do NZ cars come from Hondas  factory  in Thailand?
The Honda Jazz hybrids in NZ come from Japan
The Honda Jazz non-hybrids (100% ICE) come from Thailand

Carlo62

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz crosstar
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 09:56:43 AM »
A recall campaign for "Honda Sensing issues is now starting" in Italy too.

On the honda website they call it "Jazz camera defect challenge response error (cr)",
but by phone they confirmed that it concerns the "open problems" with "Honda Sensing"

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2022, 10:09:05 AM »
Checked my VIN no. this morning on my car purchased April 21 and the camera recall is shown.
However as far as I can tell, everything appears to working as it should, all systems are go.

This leads me to a decision, as to whether its worth calling into the dealer, to have them possibly mess things up, rather than correct things.
Also, as others have said, why were we not informed of the problem by the dealer?

Carlo62

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz crosstar
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2022, 10:33:28 AM »
Checked my VIN no. this morning on my car purchased April 21 and the camera recall is shown.
However as far as I can tell, everything appears to working as it should, all systems are go.

This leads me to a decision, as to whether its worth calling into the dealer, to have them possibly mess things up, rather than correct things.
Also, as others have said, why were we not informed of the problem by the dealer?

I bought my Jazz Crosstar in April 2022, the problem arose 3 times and 3 times I had to go to the dealer to solve it temporarily. Not all cars sold year problems. If on your car there was the problem you would have seen it, I guarantee

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2022, 12:23:52 PM »

I bought my Jazz Crosstar in April 2022, the problem arose 3 times and 3 times I had to go to the dealer to solve it temporarily. Not all cars sold year problems. If on your car there was the problem you would have seen it, I guarantee

Are you sure  yours was not the camera overheating problem, where the fault is more obvious because things are not working ?   

I think this recall  (Now also in  Uk as well as NZ ) is particularly of concern because its a communications error   where the system appears   to be working properly, but is not.     
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2022, 06:37:33 PM »
Our EX was registered 10 March 2021 and I’ve put the Reg in on Honda UK website for recalls but it’s coming up with a “Cannot retrieve Data” message in a yellow box.

Normally, we should expect to receive an official letter from Honda UK for a safety recall???
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

MRCLICKCLICK

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: CROSSTAR.
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2022, 12:00:17 PM »
just booked my crosstar for annual service in early September - raised issue of recall - no problem - will be done at same time - so assume it will be done in the uk as a recall.

Tags: