Author Topic: Hi from the south coast  (Read 1164 times)

Babbington

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Hi from the south coast
« on: June 11, 2021, 02:12:07 PM »
Hi,

I had a nice blue, manual, 1.3 i-vtec SE (2018) delivered this week. It's my first Jazz but not my first Honda.

I like it a lot, but I hate its radio. Honda told me that I'm not allowed to replace it for a year or I'll lose my warrantee. Well then, in a year you can expect me to be asking for help in finding someone to put in something with GPS on it such that the buttons on the wheel still work.

My first job now is to source a spare wheel and tool kit. Also I need some foam to ensure the cardboard floor doesn't sag. I will search the forum for info, as I'm sure this must have been asked a hundred times.

Nice to say hi. Have a nice warm weekend, everyone.

guest9236

Re: Hi from the south coast
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 03:01:03 PM »
Hi Babbington
Sounds like your a happy bunny with your new Jazz, nice cars and reliable what more can you ask for.
Anyway welcome to the forum.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 08:19:03 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new car.

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2003 Honda Jazz
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 08:47:12 PM »
Hi,

I had a nice blue, manual, 1.3 i-vtec SE (2018) delivered this week. It's my first Jazz but not my first Honda.

I like it a lot, but I hate its radio. Honda told me that I'm not allowed to replace it for a year or I'll lose my warrantee. Well then, in a year you can expect me to be asking for help in finding someone to put in something with GPS on it such that the buttons on the wheel still work.

My first job now is to source a spare wheel and tool kit. Also I need some foam to ensure the cardboard floor doesn't sag. I will search the forum for info, as I'm sure this must have been asked a hundred times.

Nice to say hi. Have a nice warm weekend, everyone.
I can't speak for the new Jazz's, but if you're 2018 Jazz is anywhere near as well made as my 2003 one you will be just fine.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 09:26:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :D

Agree with needing a spare. One of the first things I did when we got our Jazz was to track down a full size spare wheel on Ebay. Not had to use it so far, but for the £50 delivered I paid, it offers a lot of peace of mind IMHO.

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 01:20:29 PM »

Agree with needing a spare. One of the first things I did when we got our Jazz was to track down a full size spare wheel on Ebay. Not had to use it so far, but for the £50 delivered I paid, it offers a lot of peace of mind IMHO.
What's wrong with the space saver? In reality if you got caught down in Cornwall and needed to get to say Birmingham or where ever the space saver would get you home just fine.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 02:17:06 PM »

What's wrong with the space saver? In reality if you got caught down in Cornwall and needed to get to say Birmingham or where ever the space saver would get you home just fine.

Have you ever driven on a spacesaver ? I have twice and it is not a pleasant experience, car feels very unbalanced, no way would I contemplate driving from Cornwall to Birmingham ( driving to Birmingham from anywhere is not my favourite thing, but driving to Cornwall - now I am up for that ) .  Limited to 50MPH, should only be fitted on a rear axle ( so it front tyre is punctured you have to swap a full size rear to front and then fit spacesaver to the rear.   100% I would have a full sized spare. Wife has one in her MK2 Jazz,  I only have a spacesaver in Civic because although the rear wheel well is deep and wide enough for a full size the angle you have to put the wheel in won't allow a 205 wide tyre to go in, there is a part of rear floorpan overhanging the wheel well behind rear seats, I even contemplated taking an angle grinder to the offending piece of floor - grrrrrr.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 09:27:17 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 08:49:56 PM »
Nothing is wrong with a space saver at all, so much better than a can of squirty goo and a compressor. However, if I can have a proper size wheel for a few quid I will. No worries about speed limit or adverse impact on handling and braking if I have to put the spare on.  :D

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 11:05:55 AM »
Hello and welcome. :)

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 11:51:08 PM »
I have indeed driven on a space saver wheel. The car in unbalanced and doesn’t tip into corners very well at all but at the end of the day it’s a tyre with air in which is more than can be said for the one it’s replacing.

I drove from Plymouth to Exeter on a space saver last December in the rain and it was okay. I didn’t slow down though and kept it at 70-80 the whole way home. Space savers are underrated in my opinion and aren’t as bad as people make them out to be and at the end of the day they do a job which is to provide a tyre in an emergency and save space.

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2021, 08:00:16 AM »
I hope you are a troll.  :o :o
Space savers were never intended for that and I think have big warning notices on them to that effect.

https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/safety/non-standard-spare-wheels

Edit added link
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 08:03:45 AM by JimSh »

Tags: