Author Topic: 2019 Jazz EX - Import Vehicle  (Read 4113 times)

vincereynard

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Milano Red 1.4 DSi SE
2019 Jazz EX - Import Vehicle
« on: June 09, 2021, 10:59:07 PM »
I'm just about to pull the trigger and serious look for a 2018 / 2019 SE (or higher) spec Jazz.

As I'm buying it for my wife I have to be extra careful.

Such as - https://nmlcars.com/vehicle/name/honda-jazz-jazz-1-3-i-vtec-ex-s-s-5dr/

But in the description it mentions -  *** Very Low Mileage, Import Vehicle, Mot 12 June 2022, 1 Owner ** 

What can that mean?  It's a personal import?  Not 100% UK spec?  Registered in the UK June 2019 but maybe
actually earlier?   I assume its manufacture date would be in the VIN?

Its not a bad price so interesting BUT ???

Regards
Vince

cornishpasty

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 ES 1.4iVTEC
Re: 2019 Jazz EX - Import Vehicle
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 12:17:10 AM »
Hi Vince. I had a look at the images on the sellers website. The rear door on the passenger side has a dent pushed from the inside towards the bottom of the door where the body crease is, which looks like it has had some damage repaired there. The DVLA check a vehicle tax website shows first reg. June 2019 and first reg. by DVLA here as May 2021. So defo an import. Insurance may be an issue as it's not a UK spec. vehicle, and as an import would be difficult to verfy the mileage as correct. Personally, I wouldn't go for it. It is a good price though. Up to you I guess. Whatever you decide, I wish you well with your search.

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 10:07:09 AM »
Is the Jazz a Japanese domestic market car?  the Japanese equivalent to our MOT inspection  is very strict and expensive, perfectly serviceable cars  of only 5 years old only  are removed from Japanese roads simply due to the cost of the inspection, it is a car makers dream,  owners are being manipulated to have new cars for the benefit of the car makers profits.

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 10:37:56 AM »
Is the Jazz a Japanese domestic market car?  the Japanese equivalent to our MOT inspection  is very strict and expensive, perfectly serviceable cars  of only 5 years old only  are removed from Japanese roads simply due to the cost of the inspection, it is a car makers dream,  owners are being manipulated to have new cars for the benefit of the car makers profits.

....and a politically inspired dream to boot for as long the average Jap is prepared to subsidise the export market...

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 11:47:46 AM »
Its not a Japan import as that would be names as FIT.

I would perhaps question why it has the wrong rear bumper for its spec, its an EX but has a sport rear bumper, accident damage perhaps?

The Jazz badge on the tailgate is also in the wrong place (too low) if you compare to other cars for sale on the Honda websites.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 11:52:19 AM by Steve_M »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 04:29:54 PM »
Perhaps the Fit badge was removed and the Jazz badge fitted, hence the discrepancy in the position. The rear bumper may be standard on the EX in Japan.
Tons of people buy imports from Japan, especially Skylines and the like, but I would be worried about spares down the line. Wouldn't like to have to wait on a part from Japan to pass an MOT.

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 04:52:56 PM »
Is correct to state Japanese domestic market cars have speedometers which can  display speeds of up to  85 mph, and the 85 mph limit of the speedometer display is a Japanese construction and use regulation?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 06:02:22 PM »
Perhaps the Fit badge was removed and the Jazz badge fitted, hence the discrepancy in the position. The rear bumper may be standard on the EX in Japan.
Tons of people buy imports from Japan, especially Skylines and the like, but I would be worried about spares down the line. Wouldn't like to have to wait on a part from Japan to pass an MOT.

At least Jap cars are right hand drive....

Is correct to state Japanese domestic market cars have speedometers which can  display speeds of up to  85 mph, and the 85 mph limit of the speedometer display is a Japanese construction and use regulation?

Max allowable speed in UK is 70mph
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 06:24:26 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

vincereynard

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Milano Red 1.4 DSi SE
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 08:55:34 PM »
Many thanks for the replies.

I hadn't noticed the rear door damage!  Too many imponderables to make it worth while.   As has been mentioned - servicing  / insurance / future sales could all be affected.

Anyone find a 2018 / 2019 Jazz SE (or EX) preferably a Navi around £10K please drop me a message.

I had considered a CVT but most opinion seems to be negative. 
OK for tootling but if you want to get a bit of a move on its a bit ineffective.  Dubious reliability?

Again - many unknowns.

One thing that has become clear is how plug ugly the Mk3 is compared to the clean and elegant Mk1.
Lumps and grooves.  Horrible heavy front. 

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 09:50:02 PM »
the jazz badge is on the correct (left) side but the back bumper looks like it comes off a sport not an se so could have something going on there

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 09:51:25 PM »
Not only that, but the drivers seat is very grubby compared to the passengers. That and the shiny gear knob, no way that car has done sub 3000 miles. With £10k as a budget, I wouldn't be happy with that at all. Bargepole car for sure.

Export might mean it was first sold in the ROI.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 09:54:48 PM by Westy36 »

langserve

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [
  • My Honda: gk3 2019 jdm 1.3 CVT
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2021, 04:39:07 AM »

This may have been true in the distant past but it has certainly not been true for the 15 years I have lived in Japan. I bought an seven year old GD1 with two year's shaken (about £2,000 and 35k miles) and ran it for another ten years. The MOT (or shaken) as it is called is not much different to an MOT test in that a rolling road is used. The only difference I observed was that they put the car up on the lift and a mechanic goes around underneath with a torch and little hammer inspecting and tapping all the joints before they put it on the rolling road. It can easily be done while you wait. If you want to save even more money you can book it into a government testing station and they will do it cheaper. In that case it just goes straight on the rolling road and then the lights are checked. If anything is wrong you are just handed a failure notice and told to go away whereas if you have paid a garage to do it they can fix problems like blown bulbs/headlight alignment and retest on the spot.

The cost for a Jazz at about £400 is much higher than the MOT but there are two things to bear in mind. One is that it lasts for two years not one and secondly the fee includes the compulsory third party insurance. For £400 the car is both MOTed and legal to drive with insurance for two years.

It is though true that many people change their car every five years or even sooner. That's just consumer taste though not economics or necessity. A lot of people don't buy a new car every five years believe me. It is also true that second hand cars after about 5 years old/50k kilometres have a low value. A few years past that they have no market value at all, the only value in them is the remaining shaken. When people trade in their cars to get a new one you usually get nothing or only a token payment. I got nothing.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 04:41:02 AM by langserve »

langserve

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2021, 04:44:17 AM »
Its not a Japan import as that would be names as FIT.

I would perhaps question why it has the wrong rear bumper for its spec, its an EX but has a sport rear bumper, accident damage perhaps?

The Jazz badge on the tailgate is also in the wrong place (too low) if you compare to other cars for sale on the Honda websites.

It is definitely not a Japanese market car. The fact it takls of miles makes that impossible. There are many other details too boring to mention as well.

langserve

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2021, 04:47:43 AM »

....and a politically inspired dream to boot for as long the average Jap is prepared to subsidise the export market...

Cars are much cheaper here than the UK. People just like to buy a new car and it is a symbol of being middle class. And there is a folk belief created by the industry that 50k kilometers is a worn out car. However, a hell of a lot of people don't believe that. My GD1 was 17 years old when I sold it and I still see GD1s around.

langserve

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2021, 04:50:07 AM »

No, that is not at all correct. Imagine a Skyline or Subaru with a speedometer that only went up tp 85mph! I'm not sure what my FIT goes up to - I'll report back later.

Tags:

anything