Author Topic: Fixing driver door wiring harness weatherproofing  (Read 1063 times)

gravel

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz GK3 2018
Fixing driver door wiring harness weatherproofing
« on: June 08, 2021, 11:24:46 PM »
Hiya. I recently purchased a second hand 2018 Jazz. It came in acceptable condition with low mileage, and it seems like the Jazz is a perfectly capable little car. Can be fun to chase a good MPG on the dials during long trips.

Yesterday, I noticed that when I open the driver side door, I can see the door's raw wire harness. The weatherproofing seal that attaches car side has come free and I'm having trouble tugging it back over the plastic housing. I'm admittedly a little anxious about damaging a part on my first car, but there's no visual damage to the weatherproofing seal (nicks, cuts, rips). The door end of the seal is still OK.

Does anyone have any advice/tips for re-attaching this part? Would any pictures help? Have I missed a post about this? Is there a particular name for these kinds of seals?

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: Fixing driver door wiring harness weatherproofing
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 08:34:22 AM »
Welcome the the forum.  :D

You say you recently bought the car, how long ago? If recent, I would be back to the dealer to get it sorted.

gravel

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 12:31:48 PM »
Less than a month, but it's one of those online dealers, so it's a bit of a pain to file a warranty request. Guess I'll get the ball rolling on that, cheers.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 12:48:29 PM »
No worries.  :D  I can understand your reluctance with it being such a remote seller.

Post a photo, maybe we can see what has happened. Might just have been an over zealous valeter pulled it away?

gravel

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 01:03:24 PM »
Sure, thanks!

The plastic housing is loose in the car as compared to the passenger door, but I'm not sure if that is caused by the loose seal or because the plastic housing is broken. It doesn't feel particularly weak.

Droneranger

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 iDSi SE GE3 2007
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 01:12:30 PM »
Sure, thanks!

The plastic housing is loose in the car as compared to the passenger door, but I'm not sure if that is caused by the loose seal or because the plastic housing is broken. It doesn't feel particularly weak.

That looks the same as in this video. Go to 9.37   you need to pull out the white or grey plastic wiring plug to attach the rubber then push it back into the door frame to lock it in place.  :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 01:15:49 PM by Droneranger »

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 02:27:53 PM »
Sure, thanks!

Looks like it's simply detached...

gravel

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 06:27:28 PM »
That looks the same as in this video. Go to 9.37   you need to pull out the white or grey plastic wiring plug to attach the rubber then push it back into the door frame to lock it in place.  :)

Awesome, thanks for digging this up! This let me know that I could I extract the white plastic plug. I did without removing the door and pulled the rubber seal over with needlenose pliers (after a several minutes of failing to do so with only my fat fingers in the door jamb).

After clicking the plug back into place, it looks and feels identical to the passenger door, problem solved. Attached some pics for the fun of it.

guest9236

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 01:07:00 PM »
Well done I’m impressed,

Tags: