Author Topic: Problem with ABS DTC16  (Read 993 times)

Ernst

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz GD1 2004
Problem with ABS DTC16
« on: June 09, 2021, 11:59:19 AM »
Hello,
at first, sorry for my english, iīm from germany.

My wife is driving a Jazz GD1 with 125.000 km, build 10/2004.

Thereīs a problem with the ABS, i get allways the fault
DTC 16 Wheel Sensor (Electrical Noise/Intermittent Interruption).

i change the sensor Right-rear, i change the bearings on both sides, (now itīs not so noisy from the wheels),
i change the ABS block, i measering the wires from the block to the sensors, everything seems ok.

When i disconnect the plug from the rear sensors, it shows me DTC 15 or DTC 17, Wheel Sensor (Open/Short to Body Ground/Short to Power), so itīs ok.

But I can't find a description for the DTC 16?? I can delete the fault, but when start a test drive, he reappears.

I ask in my honda workshop, they cannot help me. They told me realy, buy a new car  :(

Maybe someone has an idea and can help me?

Greetings from germany

Ernst

E27006

• Approved Member
Re: Problem with ABS DTC16
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 10:14:11 AM »
The fault, was it after changing the wheel bearings?
 The wheel bearings contain the magnets which trigger each wheel  sensor creating  an electrical waveform for the ABS system to read.
Have you changed the left-hand wheel sensor?

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 11:33:54 AM »
DTC 16 is for the right rear, you should get DTC 15 if you disconnected that sensor.

You may need to check the wiring back to the ABS control unit, otherwise it could be the ABS control unit itself.

Ernst

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 06:27:56 AM »
Hello,

thanks for responce.

At first, the abs sensors are ok, new and working and No, the fault appered befor changing the bearing and the right-rear sensor.
The order of change:
at first the sensor right-rear, then both bearing rear, then the abs block, after that measer wire to the sensors, i made a crosstest with the sensors, that means, i crossed the cables under the back seat, test it, and get the fault DTC18 Wheel Sensor (Electrical Noise/Intermittent Interruption) left rear. So the fault is moving.

The last thing i changed was the fusebox under the dashboard, because there is the connector from the sensors plugged.
Maybe there is a fault in the fusebox, because there is a interuption of the sensor wires with the plug. But no success, same fault. When i disconnect the plug in the fusebox, i get fault DTC 15 and DTC17.
So i think, itīs a bug somewhere in the car, but not the sensors.

The description of the error in the manual says that the error will disappear during the test drive if the system is OK.
The error appears to me during the test drive. But only the DTC16, no other fault.

Today i will change the dashbard, and next step, check the cable from the fusebox to the abs block.

I think then i changed all components that could be related to this error.

Greetings
Ernst

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 06:51:20 AM »
The cross check is the best clue,  you switched the connectors and the fault code moved from rear-right to rear-left.
Does this not point 1) to the faulty sensor and hub  on the rear right? 2) the ABS  channels in the ECU are functioning correctly
I would swap wheel bearings right and left to see where the fault moves to.

Ernst

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 10:29:04 AM »
Hello,

please don't misunderstand me.
I only have the error DTC 16. DTC16 is not a faulty sensor. its a Electrical Noise/Intermittent Interruption
Yesterday i got two new aftermarket rear sensors, i will change it today and see what happens.

Tags: