Author Topic: Crosstar  (Read 1646 times)

JimG

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Crosstar
« on: June 04, 2021, 12:24:07 PM »
Never been on a forum before so I may, well probably mess up, so don't give me too much grief.
Being an oldbugger, I decided to let my heart get my next car for once rather than my head and so I was smitten by the 2021 Crosstar.
I have over indulged in my choice of transport and very happy that I have chosen right as my head and heart are satisfied. Drives so effortlessly and serene and it's a pleasure.....  but, not on country roads here in the UK though.
Car is fine, it is the damn alarms that keep on bonging and flashing at me because the roads are narrow so it thinks I am going to run out of road or hit someone.
I know I can turn some off but that leads to other warning bongs and flashing.
My question is this, can I turn the warnings ON rather than OFF each time I get in the car? Or as my son says, get used to it! Roads other than country lanes are fine and dandy. :-X

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
Re: Crosstar
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 12:57:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum and glad you are enjoying your Crosstar.
The safety systems can be disabled but most reset to active following power off.
I found the system which detects road departure to be over sensitive whilst driving on narrow rural roads, typically without road markings.
However, the sensitivity of the system can be adjusted using the touch screen menu and, after reducing the sensitivity, I find the system far less intrusive.
There are also options to disable audible warnings for some of the safety alerts, removing the annoying beeps.
When I initially had the system set to default sensitivity, the road departure alerts were triggering in close succession whilst driving along my local rural roads, so much so that the system automatically deactivates for a while, then subsequently automatically reactivates after some time.
A roads and B roads with decent boundary markings were generally OK; grass verges transitioning to dirt on narrow roads, without line markings, seemed to be the major culprit for false triggers but I now only get a couple of alerts and these are always at the same point on the journey, which was previously accompanied by a multitude of wheel tugs and a cacophony of bleeps, some from the car and some from the driver!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 01:04:27 PM by IanG »

JimG

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 01:26:34 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Ian. As soon as it stops raining I will be adjusting the sensitivity quite a lot. Never had them before apart from cruise so I will not miss them. JimG

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 02:36:38 PM »
The thing is that as new cars are designed and released they'll all have these annoying NCAP demanded features.

Just glad I've been driving during the 'golden years' when motoring was a pleasure and other drivers were courteous.
Let's be careful out there !

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 04:04:32 PM »
The thing is that as new cars are designed and released they'll all have these annoying NCAP demanded features.

Just glad I've been driving during the 'golden years' when motoring was a pleasure and other drivers were courteous.
Couldn't agree more, a Sunday afternoon drive was a pleasure and parking was easy. Miss the courtesy of those distant days.

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 07:46:19 PM »
I started driving in my own car in 1983, so i'm afraid I cant remember the halcyon days.  Do clearly remember sitting in the back as my dad was driving his 1965 Cortina, no seat belt, with my head resting on dads shoulder, encouraging him to pass an old Austin A40 that had been holding everyone up for about 20 miles, on a road near Garrowby Hill in North Yorks.  My dad wasn't that keen on overtaking even if he had to drive at 30mph all the way to Scarborough, he would have rather done that.   :D :o

Anyway, I digress.  I too have just ordered a Crosstar in Surf Blue - which should be delivered week after next!  First trip will be the week I pick it up - to visit my dad in West Yorkshire, travelling from East Sussex - a good long journey to get used to the car.  Our 2020 Golf 1.5 eTSI manages about 52mpg avg on the trip, so the Crosstar has a good target to aim for. 10% main roads and 90% motorways. Peg the Golf at 70mph, but will probably do 60-65 in the Crosstar, at least first time out. 8) 8)

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 10:26:44 PM »
Please let us all know how you get on and how MPG, ride refinement and comfort is compared with your Golf. Also the much discussed engine noise when climbing hills on the motorway and other roads - plenty of hills in West Yorkshire anyway!

JimG

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2021, 02:11:33 PM »
Had my Surf blue Crosstar for a  week now and used it most days. At the moment I am averaging 72.1mpg. I don't floor the loud pedal and just simply drive keeping to limits, mostly, and easily keeping up with traffic. Not too much travelling on Motorways and dual carriageways but sits at 60mph nice and quiet. Have not gone faster as it is a new engine and I am running it in [old school talk].
The only problem that I have found is you [well me] needs an ology in alarm systems to try and stop them bonging and the steering trying to take me out of the kerb. It is not a deal breaker, just have to get used to it. Like others here, I too am an oldbugger who drove cars that didn't even have a heater as standard. Time to prove an old dog can learn new tricks methinks. Overall I am satisfied at this time and good luck.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2021, 02:22:07 PM »
Have not gone faster as it is a new engine and I am running it in [old school talk].

I talked to the dealer about that. No need to "run in" these engines. The only thing that needs gentle use is the brakes for the first 500 or so miles, whilst they bed in.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2021, 02:54:59 PM »
Ah the old 'running in' days.

Then back to the dealer to have the head gasket tightened and the oil changed to remove the iron filings.

These days the head gasket doesn't compress and the accuracy of the machining means no iron filings to remove after 1,000 to 1,500 miles.
Let's be careful out there !

Tags:

anything