Author Topic: Hybrid Jazz questions.  (Read 5489 times)

D3DSL

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 57 Jazz SE + 11 Jazz ES CVT :)
Re: Hybrid Jazz questions.
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2021, 12:39:25 PM »
Will have a look at the Forces discount discount, ISTR Marshalls Cambridge we’re doing this for LRs, they may do similar for Hondas.

Re LRs, we ran LRs solidly since the late 80s, prob had over 20 in our time but those days are past.  After I sold my Disco 4 2.5 years ago, and my D3 died a grizzly death 2,200 miles from home when the engine ate itself, we just ran two Jazzes until I bought my 4x4 Karoq last year, and wouldn’t go back to LR.  I’m officially now enjoying a stress free motoring life!  ;D

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2021, 12:59:26 PM »
The discount comes in 2 flavours, depending on where you served, UK or Overseas.
The Overseas version is considerably more, so much so, it’s unlikely that most dealers would be able to honour it.
Mine was the UK discount, but still ran into 4 figures.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2021, 06:14:32 PM »
You can browse the stock of ex-demonstrators at https://usedcars.honda.co.uk/en/honda/jazz-crosstar-hybrid in case there's something nearby that ticks the right boxes (a minority have the service plan included).  I recall that the service plan can bought up to 6 months from first registration.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

D3DSL

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 57 Jazz SE + 11 Jazz ES CVT :)
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2021, 08:55:56 PM »
Many thanks, had a mooch through those.  Some pretty ouchy prices cf buying new, only a little more for unmolested looks like our way to go. 

Anyone else think the Crosstar in black looks a bit odd?  Can’t put my finger on it but it looks good in all the other colours but looks bloated in black.  Unfortunately MrsDSL has ruled out the light blue, I’d go grey or white if I had to make a decision. 

tennisl

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2021, 07:20:30 PM »
Hi I am new Crosstar owner here.

Quick question when I approach to the car ahead closely there is no warning alert. Does is it only works when Adaptive Cruise Control active?   

Thanks

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2021, 07:37:53 PM »
Many thanks, had a mooch through those.  Some pretty ouchy prices cf buying new, only a little more for unmolested looks like our way to go. 

Anyone else think the Crosstar in black looks a bit odd?  Can’t put my finger on it but it looks good in all the other colours but looks bloated in black.  Unfortunately MrsDSL has ruled out the light blue, I’d go grey or white if I had to make a decision.
Check the Whatcar prices and also run some numbers through Internet sites. At least it gives you a bargaining point with dealer.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2021, 08:12:53 PM »
Hi I am new Crosstar owner here.

Quick question when I approach to the car ahead closely there is no warning alert. Does is it only works when Adaptive Cruise Control active?   

Thanks

Yes, but needs to be switched On from the Driver Assist  System Screen on the Centre Info Panel, (page 353 of the On-line manual)

tennisl

• Approved Member
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2021, 03:00:45 PM »
Hi happy MK4 Jazz owners,

I have a question regarding battery charge level. In town I usually drive on "B" gear mode and "D" when I am on motorway.

The battery charge level never exceeds 4 level. I usually drive very calm and normally dont floor the gas pedal. I read that battery level usually stays at 70-80%   

Am I doing something wrong?     

I would appreciate the help.

thanks

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2021, 06:10:38 PM »
Hi happy MK4 Jazz owners,

I have a question regarding battery charge level. In town I usually drive on "B" gear mode and "D" when I am on motorway.

The battery charge level never exceeds 4 level. I usually drive very calm and normally dont floor the gas pedal. I read that battery level usually stays at 70-80%   

Am I doing something wrong?     

I would appreciate the help.

thanks
Going down a steep hill my battery goes to 100% and regularly goes above 60 in normal urban driving. On motorways the battery stays lower so it could be the type of journeys you're doing. If you have climate and/or other things on then that affects things too.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2021, 06:42:45 PM »
I agree, I can reach 100% going down a hill and usually it hardly ever goes below 30%, maybe averaging around 40% to 70%.
Climate Control is on Auto permanently, set to 19c

I just wonder whether when driving in B mode, your giving the car a chance for B mode to work.

By that I mean when approaching a normal junction/stop, let the regeneration do the braking and only use the foot brake for the last few yards. Almost 1 pedal motoring ! 

I accept that it takes a bit of practice, but it does work. My mpg over the last tankful is 70.5 and as total mileage increases it seems to be getting better.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 08:10:13 AM by Kenneve »

alfaomega

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV Executive 2021 - Sunshine White Pearl
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2021, 11:18:02 PM »
I’m a bit lazier, mine just get taken off and bunged in the shed.  Then put on in the spring.  I’m not sure if the winter wheel on SWMBO’s 9 year old Jazz have ever been washed!

Good point re TPMS system, do these Jazzes use valve sensor units or the wheel speed sensors?  The former indeed makes a 2nd set a pain.
Wheel speed sensor. 100% confirmed by my direct experience when I mounted the winter tyres

Inviato dal mio SM-G975F utilizzando Tapatalk

alfaomega

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV Executive 2021 - Sunshine White Pearl
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2021, 11:30:20 PM »

Honestly, I like it very much in black. It makes the car a bit classier, given the contrast of chrome details like roof rails, mirrors and front grid.

Inviato dal mio SM-G975F utilizzando Tapatalk

tennisl

• Approved Member
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2021, 08:36:03 PM »
I noticed that engine is quite noisy when it charges the battery during last week or so. During the hot days I was barely hearing anything but now when temperature outside dropped I can hear engine and it quite loud even when climate control is off.  Does anyone has the same experience?   

« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 08:38:35 PM by tennisl »

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2021, 08:53:18 PM »
Haven't noticed that.  I mean - you can hear the engine, but unless you're standing still with the window open, its in the background and fairly hushed I would have said  :)

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2021, 09:06:52 PM »
Haven't noticed that.  I mean - you can hear the engine, but unless you're standing still with the window open, its in the background and fairly hushed I would have said  :)
I think it's more that you get used to not hearing the engine.

Tags:

anything