Author Topic: Hybrid Jazz questions.  (Read 5539 times)

D3DSL

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 57 Jazz SE + 11 Jazz ES CVT :)
Re: Hybrid Jazz questions.
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2021, 09:10:41 PM »
Many thanks, puts paid to my idea of getting home and paying it off!   Will do the maths to see if it’s worth the hassle.

D3DSL

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2021, 09:40:45 PM »
PS Just been having a discussion with MrsDSL re this, we were stung by paying off a car finance package a while ago and she’s extremely sceptical.  Am I right in assuming that if paid off after 6 payments then I’d be liable for the interest that has accrued, and not a slice of the “future” interest, if that makes sense?

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2021, 10:14:59 PM »
OK, next question.  It looks like the Hybrid Jazzez have 5 year free servicing if you take out their 4.9% finance, what is the service interval on these cars?  One year or two?  It would be triggered on time, not miles.

Can the finance be taken out then payed off, retaining the 5 years servicing?  We were going to pay for the car with good old bank transfer, really don’t want the hassle of finance but if it means servicing is “free” might have to look at that.
I'm sure you can negotiate for the 5-year servicing if you don't want to take out the loan, I got it on my used demonstrator and was told it was worth £600, the dealer will do what it takes to sell the car

D3DSL

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2021, 10:24:08 PM »
That’s prob going to be the aim.  I’ll let the salesman convince MrsDSL of the merits of taking out HP.  Good luck to him/her!

Got the thumbs up sort of, from SWMBO, a grudging “s’pose we better go and look at some to see if we like the regular or Angry Bitumen (from cross tar) version.  Now that’s progress!  Going to be interesting in these weird times, plus will have to find a dealer near by(ish) that has one of both and we can get inside.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2021, 10:27:03 PM »
OK, next question.  It looks like the Hybrid Jazzez have 5 year free servicing if you take out their 4.9% finance, what is the service interval on these cars?  One year or two?  It would be triggered on time, not miles.

Can the finance be taken out then payed off, retaining the 5 years servicing?  We were going to pay for the car with good old bank transfer, really don’t want the hassle of finance but if it means servicing is “free” might have to look at that.
You need to check this  but I understand with a PCP deal you need to pay it off within the legislated “cooling off” period. That way you get all the benefits of a PCP deal but pay it off with cash within that period, as you are legally allowed to do, and you retain those benefits. Several members of other car forums have done this, motor industry doesn’t like it but you are perfectly within your rights to do so.
I certainly intend to use this system with my next new car - otherwise you are penalised for wanting to pay cash!

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2021, 11:33:16 PM »
They're wise to this. You need to make 6 monthly payments for the deal for free servicing to remain valid.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2021, 09:31:50 AM »
Need to check the numbers but probably still worth doing to get the lower price.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2021, 09:56:36 AM »
I recently brought my Mk4 Jazz, using Honda HP, specifically to obtain the 5 year free service and will be paying it off, after the 6th monthly payment.

Doric

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid SR
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2021, 10:00:48 AM »
As with Bristols reply, my Jazz SR was also a demonstrator (5 months old and 1450 miles) the salesman said it came with a service plan worth £650 so did not have to negotiate. And like you used a bank transfer
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 10:02:47 AM by Doric »

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2021, 10:21:33 AM »
I recently brought my Mk4 Jazz, using Honda HP, specifically to obtain the 5 year free service and will be paying it off, after the 6th monthly payment.
Is there any penalty payment for paying off early? How is the early payment after 6 months calculated, is it in the small print?

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2021, 10:27:13 AM »
Is there any penalty payment for paying off early? How is the early payment after 6 months calculated, is it in the small print?
The fee for paying off early is £10. I don't know about the interest calculation yet. I'll let you know in six months' time.  ;)

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2021, 11:49:15 AM »
If I understand the small print,  provided you borrow a minimum  figure of £5000 of Honda supplied finance,  the car receives the 5 year service plan gratis.
I'd like to see the numbers, none of the Honda finance examples  relate to modest loans of £5000, but if you are a  cash buyer but elect for a £5000 of Honda finance over a year, the  interest over the loan period is probably about £100 and you "win" £650 minus £100.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2021, 12:07:16 PM »
Whilst we are talking finance and not specifically relating to the Hybrid, any person who has served in the UK Armed Forces, even on National Service, can obtain a discount on new or used cars, by joining the Defence Discount Service.
It also applies to numerous high street shops.

D3DSL

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2021, 12:12:46 PM »
My RAF days were over 35 years ago and my TA days over 40 years ago, might be stretching it a tad.  I had looked at that when pricing up a new LR Defender, peeps on that forum found that it had to be fairly recent service, not from the last millennium.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2021, 12:23:13 PM »
My RAF days were over 35 years ago and my TA days over 40 years ago, might be stretching it a tad.  I had looked at that when pricing up a new LR Defender, peeps on that forum found that it had to be fairly recent service, not from the last millennium.

Not so D3DSL!
I did my RAF National Service in 1959-1961 and have got the discount, you are classed as a HM Armed Forces Veteran.
Just as an aside, the LR Defender would be my choice, money no object, I worked for LR for 44years.

Tags:

anything