Author Topic: Hybrid Jazz questions.  (Read 5538 times)

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Re: Hybrid Jazz questions.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2021, 10:17:29 AM »
Hmmmmmm, missed that.  Will have a better look through the specs and concentrate this time.  Also checked on availability of full winter tyres for the Crosstar, naff all choice apart from Michelin Apins, which could be a problem.  >:(

It's in the small print on the Crosstar page of the brochure.

As to tyres, ES and SR have 185/60R15, EX has 185/55R16 and Crosstar takes 185/60R16.

The extra 10mm of tyre diameter on the Crosstar contributes a little to its height.

When I first got my Mk2 EX I found getting 185/55R16 tyres to be difficult as it was, then, an uncommon size.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
If nothing goes right, go left!

D3DSL

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 57 Jazz SE + 11 Jazz ES CVT :)
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2021, 11:50:29 AM »
That’s the ones my search picked up.  I was hoping to get Conti winters as been using them on my Mk2 Jazz and Karoq for years and years now.  :(

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2021, 11:56:44 AM »

D3DSL

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2021, 03:27:43 PM »
Those would do nicely!  I must sharpen my searching skills.  :-[ :-[

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2021, 06:22:59 PM »
Which Conti would you prefer? The WinterContact TS 810 S SSR 185/60 R16 86H, runflat https://www.mytyres.co.uk/rshop/tyre/Continental/ContiWinterContact-TS-810-S-SSR/185-60-R16-86H--runflat/R-143157
or the WinterContact TS 860 185/60 R16 ? https://www.mytyres.co.uk/rshop/tyre/Continental/WinterContact-TS-860/185-60-R16-86H/R-370100
Problem is if you want All season tyres for the Crosstar you have  Falken or nothing!

D3DSL

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2021, 06:46:04 PM »
I’d be looking for full Winters.  I don’t mind changing over twice a year, plus the car is spending the winter up in the highlands so when it get wintery it gets very wintery! 

Just got to have a bit of summer first! :D

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2021, 06:48:03 PM »
Problem is if you want All season tyres for the Crosstar you have  Falken or nothing!

D3DSL asked about WINTER tyres, but...
For the 4 EX, the choice in all seasons is quite a bit better. My personal choice would be the Vredestein Quatrac 185/55 R16:
https://www.vredestein.co.uk/car-suv-van/tyre-finder/tyres/product/3/car/all%20season/1815-quatrac
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 06:49:52 PM by Jazzik »

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2021, 07:00:27 PM »
I’d be looking for full Winters.  I don’t mind changing over twice a year, plus the car is spending the winter up in the highlands so when it get wintery it gets very wintery! 

I live in North Yorkshire and all seasons are ideal for my location. Really tempted by Crosstar but holding off until I see the new HR-V. before finally choosing.

foxleys

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybid EX 2021
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2021, 07:18:51 PM »
I love the ability to wind up/down the windows, major bonus on my EX, we live in Jersey and it gets very hot between now and September, we are lucky that we live in a rural location.

I’d imagine it not so good if we lived in a big city.

The reason I chose my non crosstar version, was for the reasons mentioned above.

But no door protection as standard.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2021, 07:44:45 PM »

Alloy rims take quite  hammering in winter,  which is why at end of October the alloys with summer tyres come of, get cleaned and waxed and go into garage and the winter tyres ( Nokian ) on steel rims go onto the car until March.   Use a summer tyre for winter spare and vice versa....

All seasons are a definite compromise - but if our cars had the direct pressure sensors in the wheels that need to be purchased and needed re-programming every time you change wheels I would probably go for all season
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 07:48:21 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

D3DSL

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2021, 09:55:56 PM »
I’m a bit lazier, mine just get taken off and bunged in the shed.  Then put on in the spring.  I’m not sure if the winter wheel on SWMBO’s 9 year old Jazz have ever been washed!

Good point re TPMS system, do these Jazzes use valve sensor units or the wheel speed sensors?  The former indeed makes a 2nd set a pain.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2021, 10:03:36 PM »
I’m a bit lazier, mine just get taken off and bunged in the shed.  Then put on in the spring.  I’m not sure if the winter wheel on SWMBO’s 9 year old Jazz have ever been washed!

Good point re TPMS system, do these Jazzes use valve sensor units or the wheel speed sensors?  The former indeed makes a 2nd set a pain.

As far as I know only the Model year 2015 Jazz had the direct sensors,  after that they went to ABS based system, so second set of wheels not a problem except to do a recalibration twice a year when changing wheels over.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

D3DSL

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2021, 08:23:14 PM »
OK, next question.  It looks like the Hybrid Jazzez have 5 year free servicing if you take out their 4.9% finance, what is the service interval on these cars?  One year or two?  It would be triggered on time, not miles.

Can the finance be taken out then payed off, retaining the 5 years servicing?  We were going to pay for the car with good old bank transfer, really don’t want the hassle of finance but if it means servicing is “free” might have to look at that.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2021, 08:56:03 PM »
Service interval is annual or every 12,500 miles, unless the variable servicing computer asks otherwise.

The minimum amount to be paid by HP to qualify for the deal is £5000 and a minimum of 6 monthly payments must be made before you pay off the loan (and a fee of £10 is due if you pay off early, plus any interest). If you pay off before then that breaks the deal.

Given the prepaid service plan is £650, this is a good deal.

My guess is they're gambling that most will forget to pay off after 6 months.

Tags: