Author Topic: Which Mk4 Jazz Model ?  (Read 1327 times)

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
Which Mk4 Jazz Model ?
« on: June 24, 2021, 04:50:01 PM »
Thinking of getting a Mk4 Jazz and the SE seems enough for what I need.
Any reasons why you wouldn't go for the SE ?
Which model did you go for (and why) ?
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Deejay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 GR3 Jazz EX Platinum White
Re: Which Mk4 Jazz Model ?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 05:56:53 PM »
I’ve had a few weeks of trying to decide pretty much the same question of which Mk 4 Jazz to buy. I picked up the new car yesterday and so far I’m really impressed.

The problem with the SE for me was that my Mk 3 Jazz Sport (which has a similar spec to your present Jazz) had several options that the Mk 4 SE doesn’t have. I wanted parking sensors, electrically folding mirrors and an alarm. To me the minimum grade I would have been happy with was the SR which had all of those items plus a nicer interior and an infotainment system with Apple CarPlay.

In the end I went with an EX mainly for the extra safety features and the heated seats and heated steering wheel. I could just imagine if I bought an SR I would regret it on a cold winters morning.

I hope my deliberations help.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 06:18:18 PM »
My own deliberations were similar. The Crosstar's slightly smaller boot was a major minus.

Derkie54

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 06:23:19 PM »
My own deliberations were similar. The Crosstar's slightly smaller boot was a major minus.

Good point thank you, especially as I need to get a wheelchair in the boot
I'll have a look.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

nowster

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 06:43:46 PM »

Good point thank you, especially as I need to get a wheelchair in the boot
I'll have a look.
The "step" in the Mk4 Jazz's boot (to accommodate part of the battery) also reduces the capacity compared with the Mk2 Jazz.

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 08:36:37 PM »
The difference is miniscule. I can get all my golf stuff - bag, trolley, shoes etc in the Crosstar boot with ease, for anything bigger I just fold one of the rear seats down.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 11:36:28 AM »
I think the other issue is being unwilling to do without what you have in your current car (in my case a Mk3 EX Navi). They suck you in but I'm now thinking I wouldn't want to be without keyless entry, powered mirrors, parking sensors etc etc. I don't think I'd want to give up the leather bound steering wheel either. I am unconvinced by the rear view camera but I wouldn't want to be without one.

I'm embarrassed to admit this - it shows I'm a sucker for the upgrade culture with all the environmental implications of that.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 02:03:56 PM »
I think the other issue is being unwilling to do without what you have in your current car (in my case a Mk3 EX Navi). They suck you in but I'm now thinking I wouldn't want to be without keyless entry, powered mirrors, parking sensors etc etc. I don't think I'd want to give up the leather bound steering wheel either. I am unconvinced by the rear view camera but I wouldn't want to be without one.

I'm embarrassed to admit this - it shows I'm a sucker for the upgrade culture with all the environmental implications of that.

+1

equaliser

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2018 Honda Jazz 1.3 I-VTEC EX Navi CVT
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2021, 05:16:41 PM »

+1

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2021, 06:26:40 PM »
I don't miss front opening windows and ignition advance and retard on the steering wheel, not  blinds on the rear window, nor overdrive, nor semaphore indicators, sliding windows, grease nipples, 3,000 mile services, freewheel (Rovers), twin fuel tanks (Jaguar), and lots of other things.

nowster

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2021, 10:04:13 PM »
The difficulty of getting the choke right and not flooding the engine. (Even automatic choke.)

I never had the need to double declutch. Synchromesh has been standard for a long time.

Tags: