Author Topic: Safety and Journey subscription  (Read 1335 times)

Mj0528

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crossstar
Safety and Journey subscription
« on: May 26, 2021, 08:21:30 AM »
Hello,
Loving my Crossstar but have issue with Safety and Journey subscription on Honda+ app and wondering if anyone else had the same problem.
Connected it all but the subscription states "in progress" instead of "Active". Since I got my car 2 weeks ago.   
Reported to Honda and they are apparently working on it (4 days now). Any thoughts on how get it Active?  Thanks
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 08:30:49 AM by Mj0528 »

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Re: Safety and Journey subscription
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 10:38:57 AM »
It looks like the Honda+ app is, how shall I say this politely, "problematic in some areas".

Mj0528

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 01:21:54 PM »
Hi thank you for being polite. Went to the Honda garage and still no luck  :(

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 01:54:20 PM »
I guess this is why my father always told me never to buy a car in the first year after launch  - and he was in the motor trade all his life.
As he said - let some other poor man sort out the problems! Although he didn’t exactly say "poor man”!!  ;D

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 02:55:25 PM »
Did you apply both the core connectivity and the safety and journey at the same time?

There are known issues with applying both subscriptions at the same time and it is advised to apply core connectivity first and then other subscriptions once that has applied, but that wont help you in hind sight.

The only people who can resolve the issue and release the stuck subscription is the connected support team, dealers have no access to the server side of My Honda+

Mj0528

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 05:05:17 PM »
Hi Yes applied both, instructions on this process is inadequate and app needs further development it seems!! 
Will have to wait and hope their technical support team resolve.

Mj0528

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 04:41:09 PM »
Have finally got the subscription and Connectivity to the car, can only assume Honda have resolved the Honda + app issue?

Hub

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 62mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2020
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 06:04:16 PM »
I have had the paid My Honda+ App for 6 months and it has generally worked OK ( apart from showing mpg as mph as reported elsewhere  on the Forum). I have reported  a few issues to Honda Support with limited success.

However, apparently  after 6 months they require  you to "confirm whether you still own the vehicle" within 14 days of receiving  their email by opening the App and requesting a passcode, which should then appear on the cars infotainment unit for 10 minutes  and should then be entered into the  MyHonda + App.

Unfortunately I cannot find a way to request a passcode from the App ( Honda Support have not been able to help!), so any ideas from Forum members  would  be appreciated  as within a few days they will suspend the account. 

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 08:17:51 AM »
I did the confirmation of ownership not that long ago, I thought it was fairly obvious in the app where to request the PIN to be generated, I thought it was on the garage page (when you click the little outline of a car at the top right of the home page)

Hub

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 62mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2020
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2021, 03:27:05 PM »
Many thanks for the info, have now found it - obviously  I wasn't  looking at that page of the App, just Journey's, Safety and Dashboard  - pity Honda Software Support  couldn't  have  explained  the situation  as clearly as you  did. Thanks  again.

Tags:

anything