Author Topic: Clock setting problem  (Read 5724 times)

Doric

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid SR
Clock setting problem
« on: May 07, 2021, 12:51:59 PM »
Hello all,
After setting the clock on my MK4 SR it has a tendency to alter itself to 1 hour in front within a day or so, I have set it to both Western Europe in the list and the correct time displays and also tried setting it manually but it will always at some point change to 1 hour in front.
Any ideas please.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Clock setting problem
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 02:33:06 PM »
This sounds like a Daylight Saving Time (DST) issue. There might be be a setting somewhere that automatically adjusts for DST. So it adds on an hour if it thinks it needs to. Could try disabling that setting (in which case you'll need to manually change the time when the clocks change), or just set it for an hour behind and let the DST setting correct it.

Doric

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid SR
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 05:31:21 PM »
I shall have a play with it tomorrow.
Thank you

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 10:27:10 PM »
This is to prove that the Jazz MK4 SR is ahead of its time...

;D
If nothing goes right, go left!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 10:45:09 PM »
After setting the clock on my MK4 SR it has a tendency to alter itself to 1 hour in front within a day or so, I have set it to both Western Europe in the list and the correct time displays and also tried setting it manually but it will always at some point change to 1 hour in front.
Any ideas please.
UK is not Western Europe (which is 1 hour ahead).

I've never needed to adjust the clock in my Crosstar. Page 304 of the online (PDF) version of the manual shows how to set the clock to Automatic date and time. I think the car then uses the DAB radio or the eSIM to check date and time.

2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 09:19:41 AM »
There is a setting under "Date and Time" called "Automatic Date and Time", by default this is set to "OFF". I suggest you check this is set to "OFF" then the problem should go away.

Nigel

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz ER
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 09:55:01 AM »
The above statement "UK is not Western Europe (which is 1 hour ahead)." is misleading.  Western European Time is the same as Greenwich Mean Time so it is correct to set the Honda clock to Western European Time when in UK.  I have the same problem as the original poster but have discovered the problem only occurs when I connect my i-phone to the Honda by bluetooth or cable.  It does it whether the Honda time is set to automatic or not. My dealer/salesman said he had a similar problem but it went away and he doesn't what he did to make it go away.  Has anyone else experienced this problem and more importantly found the solution.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 09:58:50 AM »
I'll find out in a few weeks when winter DST cuts in.

Hopefully it will correctly lose the hour.
Let's be careful out there !

Nigel

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 01:06:34 PM »
It will be interesting to see if the Jazz's time automatically changes in a couple of weeks when DST (BST) stops.  Presumably for it to change the automatic DST setting must be on.  If it's off DST is't applied and the time is an hour out in the Summer but presumably it will be correct in the winter.

My issue is not related to DST.  Its my i-phone that is changing the Jazz's time zone from Western European Time, which is what it should be, to Central European Time which puts the Jazz an hour out when I disconnect the i-phone.  So every time we get into the Jazz its time is out but connecting the i-phone corrects it.

Nigel

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2021, 03:09:46 PM »
My wife's android phone does not alter the Jazz's clock settings so the problem is only with my i-phone 7+.  Has anyone else noticed this?

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2021, 03:45:55 PM »
The above statement "UK is not Western Europe (which is 1 hour ahead)." is misleading.  Western European Time is the same as Greenwich Mean Time so it is correct to set the Honda clock to Western European Time when in UK.

Possibly. WET and WEST are only used in Portugal and some of the Atlantic islands.

Ireland uses GMT and Irish Standard Time. UK uses GMT and BST. Legally they're not the same thing even if the DST rules are in agreement (for now).

As to the Apple Carplay problem... It might be related to this: https://appletoolbox.com/theres-a-widespread-time-zone-bug-in-ios-11-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

Nigel

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2021, 07:36:03 PM »
Thanks Nowster.  I'll look in more detail at the link. 

On the other matter, Honda uses the term 'Western European Timezone (WET)' to denote the timezone used by Iceland, the Faroe Islands, Ireland, Portugal, UK and some countries/islands that lie outside of Europe.  Importantly it is correct to use WET in the Jazz's timezone setting if in UK.  Other European countries use either Central European or Eastern European Time which are 1 and 2 hours ahead of WET respectively.   Honda uses the term 'Daylight Saving Time (DST)' which not all countries adopt e.g. Iceland but UK does which it calls British Summer Time (BST) and equates to what is also called 'Western European Summer Time (WEST)'. 

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2021, 08:06:13 PM »

On the other matter, Honda uses the term 'Western European Timezone (WET)' to denote the timezone used by Iceland, the Faroe Islands, Ireland, Portugal, UK and some countries/islands that lie outside of Europe.

Strange! Iceland uses year-round GMT.

Nigel

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2021, 07:35:43 AM »

On the other matter, Honda uses the term 'Western European Timezone (WET)' to denote the timezone used by Iceland, the Faroe Islands, Ireland, Portugal, UK and some countries/islands that lie outside of Europe.

Strange! Iceland uses year-round GMT.

I thought that when I read it on Google but apparently it is so.  Iceland has used DST in the past but currently doesn't. 

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2021, 08:13:05 AM »
Being selfish I'd be happier with GMT (or Zulu to military bods) all year round.
Let's be careful out there !

Tags:

anything