Author Topic: Sat Nav Map Updates  (Read 15346 times)

mikera32

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance Sport eHEV Premium Crystal Red
Re: Sat Nav Map Updates
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2021, 12:03:01 PM »
Europe 2021.10 - Now working

Re-tried my update again from scratch. GE downloaded the new maps (2021.10) to my USB in about 45 minutes (10GB approx). Took USB to the car and completed the update process in about 15 minutes. Success!!!
Still waiting a reply from Garmin. Thanks 'andynet'.

Jeff15

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Very good
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz EX Midnight Blue
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2021, 02:15:21 PM »
Is it possible to use Google maps via your phone.?

TiJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar eHEV
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2021, 06:21:28 PM »
Over CarPlay or AA yes. Waze is better.

Mellorshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2021, 07:45:23 AM »
I have noticed that when using AA the navigation shown on the drivers screen sometimes gets "stuck ". When being told to take the second exit at a roundabout it often displays a symbol showing a full 360 for the exit. This then remains on the display until a new direction change is issued.  Can be cleared by pressing the home button.

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2021, 12:33:10 PM »

Yes, but only if you can get a phone data signal... so not in vast area of Scotland or East and North Yorkshire for example.  Not on my drive either but signal in upstairs bedrooms is fine  :)

TiJazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2021, 04:01:42 PM »
I have noticed that when using AA the navigation shown on the drivers screen sometimes gets "stuck ". When being told to take the second exit at a roundabout it often displays a symbol showing a full 360 for the exit. This then remains on the display until a new direction change is issued.  Can be cleared by pressing the home button.
Depends on the phone. AA reliability and quality varies wildly from device to device (like most things on Android). CarPlay is a more consistent experience.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2021, 04:02:46 PM »
Also your provider makes a difference to coverage.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2021, 07:55:59 PM »

Yes, but only if you can get a phone data signal... so not in vast area of Scotland or East and North Yorkshire for example.  Not on my drive either but signal in upstairs bedrooms is fine  :)

Not quite true. Google Maps has an offline mode, you need to ensure you have an offline map stored for any area of interest (as with any other offline map app). It'll then switch between live and stored maps as the signal waxes and wanes. Used it throughout a driving tour of New Zealand without any problems.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2021, 04:47:51 PM »

I have noticed that too. I have a Google phone (Nexus 3a) so it ought to be maximally compatible.

TiJazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2021, 11:05:17 PM »
Android’s ecosystem is a mess. There are just too many moving targets with the various OS customisations and variations in hardware.

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2021, 05:25:10 PM »
I have just booked my Crosstar in for it's first service and this will include the latest map update for the in-car system for those who don't fancy doing it themselves

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2021, 12:49:52 PM »
I have just booked my Crosstar in for it's first service and this will include the latest map update for the in-car system for those who don't fancy doing it themselves

That's excellent. My Honda dealer quoted me £114 to install the "free" update. It doesn't appear to be included in the service plan I bought with the car.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2021, 01:17:24 PM »
My Honda dealer quoted me £114 to install the "free" update. It doesn't appear to be included in the service plan I bought with the car.

You might want to point out to them that SatNav updates are included in Honda's list of fixed price repairs:
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/repairs.html
Last item on the list ... £45

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2021, 03:40:16 PM »

That's excellent. My Honda dealer quoted me £114 to install the "free" update. It doesn't appear to be included in the service plan I bought with the car.
I've got the 5-year plan that came with the car so I think it must do

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2021, 03:51:31 PM »
Europe 2021.10 - Now working

And what about this? "Current Map Version: 2021.20 (Europe) as of April 21st, 2021"

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=Zqlc1aKWEF7ENDCCUOF6s7
If nothing goes right, go left!

Tags: