Author Topic: Newbie question re new radio install  (Read 1354 times)

Dantheman72

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2008 DSI SE 1.4 5dr
Newbie question re new radio install
« on: August 23, 2020, 12:56:56 PM »
Hi, I hope someone can steer me in the right direction.  I'm not yet a Jazz owner, but co-owner of a Civic, so a cousin of sorts.

I'm on the verge of buying a 2008 Jazz, very happy with the condition and mileage etc, and managed to negotiate a bit with the dealer: she offered me to have a relatively basic new single-din radio installed with built in USB and Bluetooth (DAB would have been nice but Bluetooth is the deal clincher) as part of the asking price.  I then haggled a little harder and she has offered to knock £100 off the price, and give me the radio but I have to have it installed myself.

I'm pretty phobic of messing with car electrics and stuff as I'm quite late in life to driving.  Should I just take up the original offer of having it installed and just pay the extra £100?  Was also wondering if I could just slightly amend the haggle to have a DAB radio installed at the asking price...  I'm not sure how much people charge to install things like this, and if I get it done as part of the original deal it should be covered by the dealer warranty...

Cheers for any help, I have been looking through the forums but finding it all a little complex!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Newbie question re new radio install
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 02:15:18 PM »
Welcome. Jazz radio is not a standard size unit and fitting a standard radio is not as straight forward as it would be on other cars. There are panel kits you can buy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Or-2-Din-Radio-Fascia-for-Honda-Jazz-Stereo-Panel-Dash-Mount-Trim-Kit-Frame/142787309752?fits=Car+Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AJazz&hash=item213ec970b8:g:2~EAAOSwpzJaRL7v

You have to use labels and such that need peeling off from original radio panel. Not a straightforward job.

The radio in my Jazz needs a minor repair, but removing it is such a hassle I am doing without it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 02:19:31 PM by Jocko »

Dantheman72

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2008 DSI SE 1.4 5dr
Re: Newbie question re new radio install
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 02:56:24 PM »
Thanks so much for the reply.  I guess if they're offering to fit something like that I'll take them up on their offer then, I certainly can't be bothered with it!  I'll ask them tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Tags: