Author Topic: Can you listen to car radio in a keyless entry car with engine off?  (Read 5696 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Can you listen to car radio in a keyless entry car with engine off?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 08:36:54 PM »
I haven't played anything in the car, since 3rd November, and I enjoy my driving more without music.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 10:45:30 PM »
The answer as I have posted earlier is that simply pressing the button on top right hand side of Infotainment screen will be sufficient. with Car stationary and engine turned off this simple expedient will start the Infotainment thing, and you can then listen to your radio with impunity.etc etc etc
But.
Only for 1/2 an hour. The radio then turns itself off, as a battery saving measure.....  :o
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 08:30:24 AM »
I haven't played anything in the car, since 3rd November, and I enjoy my driving more without music.

I find that as well these days,  mind you on longer journeys ( like going on holidays ) I would always try to find a talking book to listen too rather than music.....
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2020, 09:34:49 AM »

If I'm alone, radio is usually either off, or occasionally R4 or R4 extra. Most of it drives me nuts.

peteo48

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 12:26:06 PM »

There's a well known phenomenon of being unable to do complex maneouvres  with the radio on. I always turn it off if I need to concentrate - say approaching an unfamiliar junction or area.

Bit like I can't read if there is music or the radio on in the background. Lots of people can but I can't.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2020, 12:58:13 PM »

There's a well known phenomenon of being unable to do complex maneouvres  with the radio on. I always turn it off if I need to concentrate - say approaching an unfamiliar junction or area.

Bit like I can't read if there is music or the radio on in the background. Lots of people can but I can't.

Ha Ha,  you mean 'lots of people THINK they can' - but if you asked them questions about either the book or the music don't be surprised if they are a bit sketchy.... Like most people think they can be on the phone while driving, when in reality they are only paying half attention to each, and if it so happens that they are paying more attention to the phone and something happens in front of the vehicle that needs all their attention then in the seconds it takes to refocus their attention somebody may die or be seriously injured.... just sayin'..

There have been literally hundreds of studies where people watch say a short video while not on the phone and do quite well in the questions afterwards,  but then introduce a phone ( handsfree or not ) and their recall of what was happening in the video falls sharply - most people on the phone while driving are on a 'wing and a prayer' and personally I do not want to be sharing the roads with them.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: