Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Tinny on April 11, 2024, 12:54:51 PM »
My first post.  Pleased to have found you all.

The brake simulator on my 2020 Honda Jazz failed on 10 February and took 5 weeks to repair.  It was 6 weeks out of warranty and had done less than 10,000 miles. Honda Uk gave me a 40% discount.  I paid because I needed to get the repair carried out as quickly as possible.

I took the issue up with the Honda dealership but they were totally unsympathetic.  No courtesy car was offered and there were no updates from them during the five weeks.  When the car was returned to me there was an issue with the steering and I have been back to the dealership several times.  The dealership does not have a complaints process. 

Amongst other things, they told me that it’s very common for low mileage cars to have faults.

Yesterday I received a call from the owner of the dealership, who I have never met.  He told me that he had heard I was an unhappy customer, asked for brief deatils of the issues and then stated that I was now banned, together with my car, from ever going to any of the Honda dealerships he owns in the local area.  Total call time - less than 5 minutes.

I have emailed Honda uk for their comments.

Both Honda reliability and Honda customer service are seriously underperforming with regard to the brake simulator issue. It looks like the legal route is the only one that Honda will respond to.

Would be happy to be proved wrong.

« Last post by Marcow02 on April 11, 2024, 12:16:28 PM »
Does anyone know which buildyears of the mark4 Jazz have the potentiali brakeproblem?
Does a 2023 car still has the faulty part?
« Last post by peteo48 on April 11, 2024, 12:12:17 PM »
Don't know how relevant this is but, a 100 yards down the road from me, there was a Mk4 Jazz in Midnight Blue identical to mine but a bit older. There is now a brand new Yaris in the drive.

I saw the owner today and she was willing to talk to me. She said the Mk4 Jazz will be the last Honda she ever buys and, yes, she had the brake issue which she described as scary and expensive. Her car was off the road for six weeks. "I couldn't wait to get rid of the bloody thing" she said.

Honda need to do a full recall and quick.
« Last post by Daffodil on April 11, 2024, 12:05:54 PM »
I emailed the Managing Director “more in sorrow than anger” (madasafish - thank you).

His name is Monsieur Jean-Marc Streng and his email is   jean-marc.streng@honda-eu.com

My subject for the email was Preserving Honda’s Reputation in the hope it would be read rather than ditched as a complaint.

I was polite but concerned. I sent him the translation of the Japanese Recall. I also asked him if I should be sending details to the DVSA (as Cobb2 has already done).

Let’s wait and see.
« Last post by Chis52 on April 11, 2024, 11:39:50 AM »
No estimate yet for a timescale on the replacement. I did ask the dealer to make it a high priority request but I won't hold my breath. Do you have a postal address for Honda Europe? Let me know if you find the name of a director to write to and I will do the same.
« Last post by Cobb2 on April 11, 2024, 11:29:10 AM »
Thanks for the update Chis52.
My charge was to be around £1800 - so nearer £1350 after goodwill- so your dealer seems to be charging more unless they are including your 12v battery replacement in that. Have they given you a potential time scale yet?
I have contacted DVSA with various details about this Honda problem and after filling in a form I have responded to some further questions they asked. They are contacting Honda about it and expecting a reply from them within 7 days. Meanwhile I intend to now send a letter and email to Honda Europe in Bracknell (which Honda UK became some years ago apparently) and address it to a a suitable director after looking up details on Companies House Gov UK. If there are no suitable replies from Honda to this or my communications to them I will then contact various Consumer bodies.

« Last post by Chis52 on April 11, 2024, 10:41:37 AM »
Just had an email from the Honda garage who confirmed the brake fault on my car. They asked Honda for a goodwill gesture considering the car is only 3.5 years old and has done 9,000 miles. They have responded by offering to pay 40% of the part cost only. This will be their only and final offer. This means the cost will now be £987.64 inc VAT for the part and £504 for labour. A total cost to me of £1490.64.
My response to the garage was that whilst I not at all happy with this mean spirited gesture from Honda I feel forced to accept in order reduce the delay in getting the car back on the road. Nevertheless I intend to seek legal advice about a claim under the sale of goods act and will also do my best to publicise this problem to various consumer organisations e.g. Which? and BBC Watchdog. I suggest that all other owners of this lemon of a car follow a similar path.
New Members / New Member
« Last post by Leedsfan on April 10, 2024, 09:07:06 PM »
Hi. New member here. Bought a new Jazz Crosstar 04/23. I have spent a lot of time catching up on previous posts. Had I found this community before I probably wouldn't have done bought the car🤬. Previously owned a Civic which we really liked. Had trouble already with the N/S door mirror but it was replaced without any issues by our local main dealer. I think that I am going to look for the maximum extended warranty which will hopefully see me through the known issues.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Where to put beam benders on the headlamps?
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on April 10, 2024, 05:39:31 PM »
Sorry westy  I forgot to  mention the Umwelt Zone sticker in Germany  and the Crit aire in France  if you are not already aware. 

The german one  is required for many  cities and quite small towns and regions  in Germany.  (some cities may require more)      I got mine on the following site  which only costs about 7 euro   - some sites and agencies  charge  double this.   Dont worry that its issued by the Berlin municipality  .   Its valid everywhere that requires a class 4 green sticker. 

https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/kfz-zulassung/feinstaubplakette/shop.86595.en.php

If you only intend driving straight from  Calais into Belgium you probably wont need  the  Crit aire  but it can be obtained by following official links on this site   .

https://www.france.fr/en/holiday-prep/crit-air-anti-pollution-vehicle-sticker

Once issued both these stickers are valid for the remaining life of the car. 

I think some cities in Belgium also have zones  .Cars from Belgium and the Netherlands are checked by an ANPR,  but  cars registered elsewhere  (eg the UK) have to be registered on line in advance.  (passing through on motorways is normally exempt)   But I have no details.   
« Last post by Chis52 on April 10, 2024, 05:00:27 PM »
My car went in for checking yesterday. Just had a call from Maidenhead Honda to inform me that, as suspected, it is a failure of the brake simulator. Quote for fitting a replacement part, including VAT and fitting costs is just over £2K. They also said the 12volt battery needs replacing, at an additional £190. I said that I was aware that other owners of the 2020 model are suffering the same problem and also quoted the wording of the Japan recall i.e “inappropriate manufacturing process”, they agreed to contact Honda UK, requesting a goodwill gesture. They currently do not know the timescale for obtaining a replacement part.
My next move will depend on the reply from Honda UK.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10