Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Wow that mileage even beats mine a 2007 that i bought with 15K and also full Honda service history.
i phoned the dealer and they were putting Total 10W40 in mine, I do not know why.
I already had 5W30 in my garage so I used that for the Jazz.
If I was buying today i would get 0W30.
It is important to use genuine Honda oil filters, they are a lot better then aftermarket.

culzean and Jocko could I just throw one thing into the mix. I bought this car 3 days ago, it has only done 7,400 miles in 13 years (genuine checked mileage). Would you both still go the 5W-30 route, or because of such low mileage revert back to 0W-30 .  .  .  .  ?
Welcome. For a DSi, I would go for 5W-30. 0W-30 is fine for a low mileage engine but for an older engine, 5W-30 will give better protection. Castrol is ideal.

+1

Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by culzean on June 19, 2021, 07:08:05 PM »
As soon as a certain number of EV are using bus lanes they will stop them from using bus lanes, they are offering all sorts of incentives, but they will all disappear once a critical mass of EV are using roads,  and running  costs will also rise steeply.. we have seen how governments behave ...
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: 12V battery flat
« Last post by culzean on June 19, 2021, 06:04:43 PM »
Hi, with the cable you suggest for the battery, do you have to detach both battery cables before fitting it? That is, the battery has nothing connected, or can you just bolt it on to the positive terminal and the negative bolt before the battery monitor connection, battery cables in situ?
Thanks.

Just attach the ring terminals to 6mm bolts that hold battery clamps ( do not connect negative straight to battery terminal, but to the terminal next to it or the body metalwork nearby ),  leave everything else connected as usual - most chargers now come with the SAE type connector plugs and will plug straight in.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by Jocko on June 19, 2021, 06:04:29 PM »
Reading an article where they are thinking about allowing full EVs to use bus lanes to help with the uptake among city drivers. Number plates would have to have the green flash to signify an EV (illegal to have a green flash on a non-EV).

Also, read a thought-provoking piece about the demise of filling stations on the BBC News site.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57416829

As an aside, they are putting in a bus lane at the eastern end of the M8. As far as I am aware only one bus uses the M8 and despite driving it every day at present, I have yet to see one!
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Start/Stop not activating (battery symbol)
« Last post by E27006 on June 19, 2021, 06:01:51 PM »
Just got back from a 450 mile round trip to see relations as in my post above, as expected the stop/start has started working again, looks like the battery level has to be high for it work and once it drops below a certain level it stops working in order not to drain the battery to much.

Have you considered a voltmeter which plugs into the 12V socket?  From Ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373619141490?hash=item56fd6fab72:g:PL4AAOSwqZ9gzFRX

The voltmeter will give a measure of the state of charge of the 12V battery and possibly a few clues as to the threshold when start/stop closes down
Welcome. For a DSi, I would go for 5W-30. 0W-30 is fine for a low mileage engine but for an older engine, 5W-30 will give better protection. Castrol is ideal.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Crosstar issue
« Last post by Jocko on June 19, 2021, 05:00:42 PM »
Even 100,000 miles of urban driving should not get the ERG as bad as that. Glad Honda are looking into it.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Start/Stop not activating (battery symbol)
« Last post by Hobo on June 19, 2021, 04:42:15 PM »
Just got back from a 450 mile round trip to see relations as in my post above, as expected the stop/start has started working again, looks like the battery level has to be high for it work and once it drops below a certain level it stops working in order not to drain the battery to much.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10